OT Salad for Guild Meeting

Old September 2nd 05, 09:52 PM
She in PA

Default OT Salad for Guild Meeting

I have to make a salad for or guild meeting. We are having a relaxed
meeting. People with their last name A-L have to make a salad and people
with M-Z have to make a dessert. So there will be a lot of the usual salads.
I am looking for something good, different, and easy. Can anyone help me?

She in PA

Old September 2nd 05, 10:22 PM
Ellison

Ellison Jul 14, 11:48 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
From: " Ellison" - Find messages by this author
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:48:50 GMT
Subject: OT Anyone have a meat salad they really love?
| Report Abuse

Howdy!
Oh, thanks for asking! g

A simple salad w/ a tropical touch;
we ate it first in Granbury, Tx so we call it...
Granbury Salad. G
Greens, whatever lettuce you like and some fresh spinach
Cubed cooked ham 1/2 - 1 cup
Chopped pecans 1/4 - 1/2 cup
Chopped pineapple 1/2 - 1 cup
shredded Parmesan cheese -- 1/2 cup or so
really good Thousand Island dressing
I use about 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice in the dressing,
mix it up, pour it over the rest of the ingredients which have been
cleverly and creatively tossed together.
The Granbury tea shop serves this salad w/ some fabulous
homemade buttery garlic croutons. YUM!!!

Now you've gone and done it, She: I want some! ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy

Old September 2nd 05, 10:46 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Last week I made a carrot-cranberry-pecan salad that disappeared lickity
split.

Grate 4-5 carrots. Add a couple of handfuls of dried cranberries and a
couple of handfuls of chopped pecans. Stir in just enough mayo to barely
coat, and salt to taste. I use soy mayo, which has the added benefit of
being okay at room temp for a while.

You could sub raisins for the cranberries, and any nut you like for the
pecans, and it's still good.
--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old September 2nd 05, 10:58 PM
Calico

This isn't necessarily an inexpensive salad to make, but it's easy and very
delicious. I can't provide exact measurements for all ingredients so you'll
have to use your best judgement, depending on how many people you need to
feed.

SHRIMP & BOW-TIES SALAD

cooked shrimp, tails removed
baby leaf lettuce (specifically!) torn into bite size pieces
cherry tomatoes, halved
manderine orange slices (canned & drained)
bow-tie pasta, cooked and chilled (use the smallest size you can find and
allow perhaps 1 oz. uncooked per person)
walnut halves
top with parmesan cheese, freshly grated or the 'fancy' kind

citrus (or raspberry) vinagarette dressing

Old September 2nd 05, 11:11 PM
Julia in MN

here's a good Orange-Walnut Salad that my daughter has made:
http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?...ecipe_id=55015

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old September 2nd 05, 11:12 PM
Sharon Harper

Roasted Pumpkin, Green Bean and Feta cheese salad.

Roast some cubed pumpkin in a hot oven (lightly sprayed with olive oil)
until just tender and boil some green beans until just tender too. Chop
some Greek Fetta cheese and mix all together. Toss with a light vinnigrett
(sp?) and some pine nuts - mmmmm yummy

quicker)

Old September 2nd 05, 11:19 PM
Kate Dicey

She in PA wrote:

I have to make a salad for or guild meeting. We are having a relaxed
meeting. People with their last name A-L have to make a salad and people
with M-Z have to make a dessert. So there will be a lot of the usual salads.
I am looking for something good, different, and easy. Can anyone help me?

She in PA

Dutch Beetroot salad:

Take one 300g pack of smoked mackerel fillets: flake off the skin into a
bowl

Add 400g diced beetroot (NOT the pickled kind!)

Mix to a purple glop with 150g of 0% fat Greek yoghurt. Serves 4 for a
main course.

Greek Salad:

5 large tomatoes, diced
1 cucumber, diced
40 black olives, halved
200g Feta cheese, cubed
1 pot of fresh basil leaves, shredded
a drizzle of olive oil and red wine or Balsamic vinegar

Mix and serve!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 3rd 05, 12:35 AM
She in PA

Thanks! You guys have given me some great salads to try. Thanks! If anyone
else has some keep sending them I can always use a good recipe!

She in PA

Old September 3rd 05, 12:36 AM
Cheryl

Not a salad but a very easy salad dressing - was a hit here at our last
luncheon and Maree was kind enough to pass the recipe on.

2 tblspns veg oil
1 teaspn sesame oil
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tblspns light soy sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 teaspn sugar
2 teaspns sambal oeler (I assume this is available anywhere!?)
2 cloves garlic

A nice spicy dressing without requiring fire extinguishers. On the day
Maree didn't have any limes so she used lemon juice.
--

Cheryl ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
Enness Boofhead Donut

(Don'y forget to replace the DOT)

Old September 3rd 05, 12:44 AM
Denise in NH

Egg Ring Noodle Salad
=A0
1 Cello pkg. of radishes
1 cucumber ( remove the center)
1 lge. onion
4 stalks of celery
1 med. green pepper
1/2 cup of mayonnaise or more
1 box of Prince egg ring noodles, or any very tiny little ring noodles
or mini macs.
Salt & pepper
=A0
Cook the pasta as directed on the package and then rinse them in cold
water. Chop all the vegetables very fine. Mix cold pasta, vegetables &
mayonnaise together. Salt & pepper to taste

Denise