Will will I learn

Old August 4th 10, 01:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Default Will will I learn

You would think that after 5 years of sewing colorguard flags, twice a year
now that I would be more careful when sewing them.

I can't tell you how many times just tonight alone that I have had to rip
some out because there was an additional layer underneath. This stuff is so
slick that it goes where IT wants to go and by the time I realize it, it's
time to rip.

Think I'm gonna go walk to dog for a few minutes to try to get him
accustomed to his new home. Do they make such a thing as doggie depression
meds????

--
Cindy from GA
(but wants to be in MO)

Old August 4th 10, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dreamweaver

On Aug 3, 7:53*pm, "Cindy Schmidt" wrote:
You would think that after 5 years of sewing colorguard flags, twice a year
now that I would be more careful when sewing them.

I can't tell you how many times just tonight alone that I have had to rip
some out because there was an additional layer underneath. *This stuff is so
slick that it goes where IT wants to go and by the time I realize it, it's
time to rip.

Think I'm gonna go walk to dog for a few minutes to try to get him
accustomed to his new home. *Do they make such a thing as doggie depression
meds????

--
Cindy from GA
(but wants to be in MO)

Yep, it's called a new kitty or puppy buddy! ;-p
Old August 4th 10, 12:26 PM
mensjeans mensjeans is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Schmidt View Post
You would think that after 5 years of sewing colorguard flags, twice a year
now that I would be more careful when sewing them.

I can't tell you how many times just tonight alone that I have had to rip
some out because there was an additional layer underneath. This stuff is so
slick that it goes where IT wants to go and by the time I realize it, it's
time to rip.

Think I'm gonna go walk to dog for a few minutes to try to get him
accustomed to his new home. Do they make such a thing as doggie depression
meds????

--
Cindy from GA
(but wants to be in MO)
Nice story, very impressive, hope you can continue writing this kind of stories, thanks for that.
Old August 4th 10, 01:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

(((Hugs))) BTDT, although not with slippery flag cloth. At least you
had a good excuse!
They say dogs reflect their owners' moods. Do something nice for
yourself, it'll make your dog feel better!
Roberta in D

Old August 4th 10, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

I think if you bought that lovely 15-91 then your sewing would go much
better- and even more so if you were sewing the flags *with* the 15-91!
VBEG!!!

Leslie & The Furbabies in HOT, HOT, HOT and humid MO. where Cindy would be
miserable, too! LOL

Old August 4th 10, 01:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

On Aug 3, 8:53*pm, "Cindy Schmidt" wrote:

Do they make such a thing as doggie depression
meds????

Yes, they do, and it's very similar to those used by/for humans.
http://tinyurl.com/2v9wg3d
http://tinyurl.com/2us5osl

Also, like humans, other kinds of therapy are usually used in
conjunction.
There was a big problem with depression in dogs used after 9/11;
eventually, volunteers hid themselves in the rubble to be found alive
to ease the dogs' stress at finding only bodies or remains for weeks
on end.

Now a different problem is showing up with dogs used in Iraq &
Afghanistan:
http://tinyurl.com/2dq3nx7

Doc
Old August 4th 10, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
rusty rusty is offline
Junior Member

On Aug 3, 8:53*pm, "Cindy Schmidt" wrote:
You would think that after 5 years of sewing colorguard flags, twice a year
now that I would be more careful when sewing them.

I've only made flags once (also for a Georgia high school band). At
about 1:30 in the morning, attired in my muumuu, working on the third-
from-the-last flag, I managed to sew through my finger -- nail and
all! Imagine trying to put on a bra under a muumuu with one hand )
Off to emergency where after a little while they not only x-rayed the
digit and removed the broken needle, but gave me the hemostat! This
is also doggie related: Next day when I went to the pharmacy to have
the painpill prescription filled, there was no record of me in their
files--only one for Brandle, my greyhound, who was on phenobarbital at
the time.... rusty
Old August 4th 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Well Rusty mine is for a Missouri high school. It's the one that my
daughter graduated from in 09 and she is now an assistant colorguard coach.
I have 73 of these suckers to make and I hate the fact that they got the
fabric to me pretty late. They should have already been done by now but
they couldn't decide on colors.

Ouch on the finger. I have never done that one before came close on a
couple of occasions.

LOL about the prescription.

--
Cindy from GA
(but wants to be in MO)

Old August 4th 10, 07:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathyl

On Aug 4, 11:35*am, "Cindy Schmidt" wrote:
Well Rusty mine is for a Missouri high school. *It's the one that my
daughter graduated from in 09 and she is now an assistant colorguard coach.
I have 73 of these suckers to make and I hate the fact that they got the
fabric to me pretty late. *They should have already been done by now but
they couldn't decide on colors.

Ouch on the finger. *I have never done that one before came close on a
couple of occasions.

LOL about the prescription.

--
Cindy from GA
(but wants to be in MO)

Did they hire your daughter just so they would have you to make the
flags again? Just kidding. But they really hate to lose seamstress
volunteers!
KJ
Old August 4th 10, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

My job with the band's flag corps was: fixin' the boots. Every pair of
those knee-high boots arrived shaped like round pipes. I had to sneak in
just above the ankle and shape the seam so they would stay put instead of
bagging and sagging. That's when we learned that a Pfaff can sew anything.
It was a ridiculous challenge but those sweet girls were so happy to have
boots that fit. Polly

"Kathyl"

Did they hire your daughter just so they would have you to make the
flags again? Just kidding. But they really hate to lose seamstress
volunteers!
KJ

OT but perhaps we could all learn something from this. Bernadette Yarn 23 May 30th 07 07:48 PM
way OT - but I did learn it here Karen, Queen of Squishies Quilting 7 April 18th 07 03:09 AM
old enough to learn? Amanda Tikkanen Yarn 12 February 6th 06 05:29 PM
Want to Learn Pottery Bubba Pottery 12 December 2nd 05 04:20 AM
How did you learn to bead? Pandi Beads 39 March 21st 04 03:52 AM