Quilt shops near Walt Disney World in Orlando?

Old December 3rd 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen[_4_]

Default Quilt shops near Walt Disney World in Orlando?

I am heading for warmer weather fun at WDW, and wondered if
there are any quilt shops nearby.

Thanks,

Karen in WI
Old December 3rd 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I've never been there, so no suggestions, but I just had to say LUCKY YOU!
VBG

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

t...

Old December 3rd 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MB

Kissimmee has a shop...Queen Ann's Lace---

http://www.queenannslace.com/location_hours.htm
http://www.quilterscoveofcfl.com/ of Orlando...site tells hours of
operation but
didn't see their location listed !! Here it is ...found it..3020 Lamberton
Blvd, Orlando - (407) 207-0225
http://www.floridaquiltnetwork.com/shops.htm is a list of shops...not sure
it is up to date.
There was another one in Orlando about 1 1/2 yrs ago I visited...brand
new...
I remember the flooring being large white and black tile !!!...but not sure
that is still
going..think it was on the NW of the city on Colonial drive....Oh , looking
on that network site
it says it was closing soon..think it is already ...I tried cking their site
w/ no success.

t...

Old December 3rd 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

If you pass by Panama City Beach, we've got "Quilting By the Bay." Very
nice, rather large quilt shop! I can take you!! (Like I need the excuse to
spend MORE money there!!)

Also, there's a few in Pensacola (though I don't remember their names).

When are you going? If it will be a few days, I can ask some of our guild
members what shops they'd recommend ...

Hugs!!
Connie
(In Panama City Beach, FL, where it's nice'n'warm today! Yay!!!)

t...

Old December 3rd 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

I can't remember if they ALL were, but I do remember a few quilt shops that
have been featured in APQ's Quilt Sampler were located in Florida (it's a
HUGE state, after all!!) ... this link might help you decide what shops
you'd like to visit!
http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/shop/s...r/florida.html

HTH!!
Connie

PS - the offer to show you around PCB and our own lovely LQS is still on the
table!

t...

Old December 3rd 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen[_4_]

Hi Connie,

Hmm, flying in and out of Orlando and don't really have time
to drive more than 30 min or so. We're going the day after
tomorrow!

Quilting by the Bay sounds wonderful and if I make it to PCB
sometime I will definitely check it out!

Karen in WI

SewVeryCreative wrote:
If you pass by Panama City Beach, we've got "Quilting By the Bay." Very
nice, rather large quilt shop! I can take you!! (Like I need the excuse to
spend MORE money there!!)

Also, there's a few in Pensacola (though I don't remember their names).

When are you going? If it will be a few days, I can ask some of our guild
members what shops they'd recommend ...

Hugs!!
Connie
(In Panama City Beach, FL, where it's nice'n'warm today! Yay!!!)

t...

Old December 3rd 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen[_4_]

Thanks, this looks really close by! I'll let you know if I
get there!

Karen in WI

MB wrote:
Kissimmee has a shop...Queen Ann's Lace---

http://www.queenannslace.com/location_hours.htm
http://www.quilterscoveofcfl.com/ of Orlando...site tells hours of
operation but
didn't see their location listed !! Here it is ...found it..3020 Lamberton
Blvd, Orlando - (407) 207-0225
http://www.floridaquiltnetwork.com/shops.htm is a list of shops...not sure
it is up to date.
There was another one in Orlando about 1 1/2 yrs ago I visited...brand
new...
I remember the flooring being large white and black tile !!!...but not sure
that is still
going..think it was on the NW of the city on Colonial drive....Oh , looking
on that network site
it says it was closing soon..think it is already ...I tried cking their site
w/ no success.

t...

Old December 3rd 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews Moore

While you are at Disney, you might want to use their transportation Bus to
take you to Disney's Shopping Village and look through the shops there. No,
they are not quilting shops, but there is so much to see and I get ideas for
sewing and things I want to make, including quilting. We sometimes go
there for a day to look and to eat lunch and we don't always go into any of
the Disney Worlds, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and so forth. We are just over an
hour from there. If there will be children with you, they will enjoy the
water that shoots up from the ground, and the store that sells Lego that has
HUGE displays outside and inside the store. I even enjoy it!
Barbara in FL

Old December 5th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Karen, there is a great shop in Deland which is between Orlando and Daytona
Beach. It is The Quilt Shop of Deland. Their site is
www.quiltshopofdeland.com I lived in Deltona several years ago and the
great folks there taught this newbie lots!!!
Have fun in Orlando!!

--
Donna in NE La.
news

SewVeryCreative wrote:
If you pass by Panama City Beach, we've got "Quilting By the Bay." Very
nice, rather large quilt shop! I can take you!! (Like I need the excuse
spend MORE money there!!)

Also, there's a few in Pensacola (though I don't remember their names).

When are you going? If it will be a few days, I can ask some of our guild
members what shops they'd recommend ...

Hugs!!
Connie
(In Panama City Beach, FL, where it's nice'n'warm today! Yay!!!)

t...