Introduction

Old December 5th 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lenore L

Default Introduction

After reading about trolls and other scary creatures, I realized that I
hadn't introduced myself to the group so perhaps, someone was thinking I was
a troll or other nefarious creature.

Alas, I am a mere human. I've been in the group over the years just off for
a couple of years.........

My name is Lenore Lawrence, 54 y.o. and I live in Lakewood, Washington.
I've been quilting "forever" (grew up under the quilt frame with my
grandmother's, auntie's and mother's quilts). I've been into "modern"
quilting for about 20 years.

I'm married and we're doing geriatric parenting: Kids are 20, 17 and 11.
All boys. It is good to have the last one going into adolescence. We'll be
done!

We have a big house but it is poorly organized. I have a lair but it has
never been set up as a sewing room. We're getting ready to move our
youngest downstairs (we have a daylight basement) where the big boys are.
It will be their lair. And, I get his old bedroom. I'm so excited. I've
graphed by new sewing studio all and and have designed what I want.

I make mostly big ol' bedquilts. I think they are like arms reaching
around someone to hug and comfor them. I'm waiting for a king-size French
Braid (for DB and DSIL) to come back from quilting now. And, I'm making a
gorgeous batik for my newphew and wife. He is fresh back from Iraq. My
niece is expecting her first baby after the first of the year and I've got
to make a quilt for baby too.

So, when you see my name, you'll know that I'm not a troll or degenerate
crawling newsgroups to try and pick up victims! Really, if we could figure
out some smooth dance/martial art moves with rotary cutters, no one would
ever mess with us!

Happy quilting,

Lenore

Old December 5th 07, 07:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Good to read all the info. Lenore. I remembered you without a problem,
but it was fun to read updates.
..
In message , Lenore L
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 5th 07, 09:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Hi again Lenore. Nice to catch up and good luck with your very own space!
--
Estelle UK
Gallagher one one at btinternet.com

You are never too old to become the person you should have been!
My photos are here!
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11
. ..

Old December 5th 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

Hi Lenore!!

I don't think anyone thought you were a troll!!! Your wonderful quilty-ness
shines through each of your posts!!!

Getting your own quilty space - designed to fit your exact needs, no less -
is AWESOME!! Congrats!!!

And congratulations on your niece adding to the family!!! Lucky you!! I
love, love, love, LOVE making baby quilts!!! It's so exciting knowing that a
sweet little one will be sleeping warm and comfy under one of your
creations!!

Hugs!!!
Connie

. ..

Old December 5th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy[_2_]

Hi, Lenore!
i dont know if i'm entrenched here enough to welcome you back, as i'm
a fairly new member, but i hope to get to know you as well as the
others too.
good luck on your new space!!! i love my sewing room. you will too!
amy in CNY
Old December 5th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Lenore L" wrote:

[...]

Welcome, Lenore! I think I remember seeing your name sometime in the
past. G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old December 5th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy

Welcome to the cyberframe, Lenore!
Hate to disillusion you, but you're never "done" raising kids - especially
going into adolescence! (Big grin here! - I'm Mom to 6 kids (ages 25-48) and
ya never stop worrying -- or storing their "stuff" in the
attic/basement/barn! )
--
ME-Judy
ajhusman at blazenetme dot net

Old December 5th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Hey Lenore -

Welcome back to the group.

--
Cindy from MO

. ..

Old December 5th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
grammykathy

"Lenore L" wrote in message
I'm married and we're doing geriatric parenting: Kids are 20, 17 and 11.
All boys. It is good to have the last one going into adolescence. We'll
be done!- Hide quoted text -

LOL you got that right Judy, You never stop worrying about them and
then along comes the DGKs and even more worries.

Lenore, I am GrammyKathy and fairly new to the group. I don't post
much but do a lot of reading. Hope to get to know you and the others
much better and I promise I will try and talk more.

GrammyKathy

Introduction Bobbie Sews Moore Needlework 16 December 12th 05 03:42 PM
Introduction emerald Yarn 17 December 12th 04 04:58 AM
Introduction Janise Ross Yarn 1 June 10th 04 03:33 AM
Introduction norma woods Yarn 1 June 9th 04 10:13 PM
Introduction Llaurie Yarn 0 June 9th 04 08:11 PM