Recipe search: Off topic - no chocolate!

Old August 23rd 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Default Recipe search: Off topic - no chocolate!

There is an old pineapple dessert recipe that I have been trying to
find - it required crushed pineapple, crushed vanilla wafers, whipping
cream and a mix of marg/butter with eggs - all this is layered
overnight before serving. My problem is that I cannot remember the
marg/butter/egg(I think probably some sugar too??) to make this all
work. I used to have it in a small recipe booklet from a Canadian
Chatelaine magazine (25th anniversary edition) but I tossed the
booklet when I found a mummified mouse attached to it years later!!!!
Yeah, the mouse had been a real one once not a cat toy - yuck - they
used to come up the kitchen sink drain pipes quite often at one time -
kept my cats occupied while waiting for another one to appear.

Anyway, I hope that someone might remember the recipe or know what I'm
talking about? I have a craving and I also have a carton of whipping
cream in the fridge that wants to be used up this week.

Thanks in advance, jennellh )

Old August 23rd 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

I found this one on-line. I've never tried it but it seems to fit your
description...

VANILLA WAFER ICE BOX DESSERT
*

1/2 lb. vanilla wafer crushed
1/2 c. butter
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 eggs
1/2 pt. whipping cream
1 c. crushed pineapple, well drained

Crush vanilla wafer place in 9 x 13 pan. Saving a 1/2 cup crumbs. Cream
1/2 cup butter, powdered sugar and eggs. Place over crumbs. Whip cream
and fold in pineapple put over egg mixture. Sprinkle with remaining
crumbs. Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.

marcella

Old August 23rd 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Thankyou, Marcella - I'll send you some when it's made!! Hard to
believe that it is one of the most delicious blending of ingredients
although the raw eggs might be a problem for some folks. jennellh

jennellh wrote:
[...]

Thanks in advance, jennellh )- Hide quoted text -

Old August 23rd 07, 11:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

If people are worried about raw eggs, EggBeaters work great for things like
this and are pasteurized so, no worries!
--
Debi (one or two things Mom taught me stuck...;-)

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
oups.com...

Old August 23rd 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Debi Matlack wrote:
If people are worried about raw eggs, EggBeaters work great for things like
this and are pasteurized so, no worries!

Or you may be able to find pasteurized eggs at your grocery store.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/