The Hokie Quilt is finished

Old August 19th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default The Hokie Quilt is finished

As I've mentioned here already, I've been making a
Hokie Quilt for the family of a Virginia Tech Student
who was murdered on April 16, 2007. Others guild
members made quilts, so we have one for each family. I
finished mine yesterday. While I am pleased to be
finished in time, and am pleased with the results of my
work, this is NOT a happy dance. Instead, I ask each of
you to remember the families with good thoughts and
prayers.

My quilt is traditional. I made Ohio Star Variations,
and set them together with large Hour Glass Blocks. All
sewing and quilting, including the finishing, was hand
made with my electric needles. ( Isaac F.W. Singer and
Pfilomina Pfaff.) I used the school colors, Orange and
Maroon, on white, and added some of the official logo
fabric. It is about 58" x 83" ... larger than I'd
planned, but I wanted to include certain elements and
it 'grew!'

(Yes, I took pictures. I will TRY to post those, and
other pictures when I establish an album. Soon, I hope!)

Ut Prosim.
PAT in Virginia

Old August 19th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

[...]

Pat, I won't do a happy dance for this finished quilt, but I did want to
tell you how much I admire what you and your guild have done for these
families. I'll be looking forward to seeing a picture of this quilt.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 19th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Certainly a labor of love and caring... and I know each of the families will
be touched and find comfort in these quilts.

--
Kate in MI

Old August 21st 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
- dlm.

"Pat in Virginia" stated:

As I've mentioned here already, I've been making a Hokie Quilt for the
family of a Virginia Tech Student who was murdered on April 16, 2007.
Others guild members made quilts, so we have one for each family. I
finished mine yesterday. While I am pleased to be finished in time, and am
pleased with the results of my work, this is NOT a happy dance. Instead, I
ask each of you to remember the families with good thoughts and prayers.

Sending wishes for peace and solice to the families of the tragedy. I hope
that the family that receives your quilt will find some sense of comfort
when they wrap themselves in it, as it has been imbued with your thoughts
and prayers for their healing.

- dlm. in central MA

Old August 22nd 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Pat,
What a thoughtful, caring gift for the families who lost loved ones. I'm
sure they will be forever grateful.

Patti in Seattle

The quilt is finished fran Needlework 4 June 7th 07 02:03 PM
New Pic of Finished Quilt She in PA Quilting 10 September 28th 05 03:28 AM
Jody's Hug Quilt Update -- Quilt finished and being shipped Michelle in NJ Quilting 5 March 31st 05 01:51 AM
Pics of my first finished quilt and the nautical quilt top Teacher gal Quilting 27 August 21st 04 11:19 PM
DGD new quilt finished DQLTS Quilting 8 August 21st 04 05:05 PM