Whats Everyone Working On?

Old September 17th 04, 12:22 PM
BDS2pds

I rushed and rushed to get a quilt done - redwork for granddaughter's birthday
in August; when we left I forgot it and had other presents anyway; now I have
one ready for Christmas for her as a gift and I am shocked what happiness that
gives me morale wise ; feel way ahead of the game;

Old September 17th 04, 01:28 PM
David & Barbara Schmidt

Maybe hubby needs a spell check on his Spanish? It's already that way on
all our labels we've already made...I'll look into it, maybe we have to
make more labels. HHMMMMMMMM....

Babs

DrQuilter wrote:
so what does Muy piquito picante mean? a little beak hot? I don't get
it.... or do you mean poquito, a little bit? just curious....

David & Barbara Schmidt wrote:

Well, we just made 12 pints On Sunday, we ran out of jars and had to
get some more to make the mildest heat tonight, and we'll be making
more jars on Saturday. We spend every weekend for over a month making it.

We make a veggie (No Carne) version, and also the same recipe with
bacon in it which gives it a smoky flavor. (Carne)

We make 6 different heats from "Gringo" to "Diablo"

Gringo
Muy Piquito Picante
Piquito Picante
Picante
Muy Picante
Diablo

I can take orders if anyone wants some, just e-mail me privately. I'll
have to figure out postage cost and add that in.

Babs

CNYstitcher wrote:

Hey Babs.....what do I have to do to order some of your salsa?? DH
likes it as many alarm hot as possible, I'm a so mild it's barely
more than a tomato...lol Would love to get some for him for the
stocking this year - he's a junk-food-junkie

Larisa

Old September 17th 04, 02:37 PM
MoragP

she is also trying to bang her head over
each inch of floor in the house, and selected pieces of furniture.

You might need to get her a crash helmet and safety pads for the next few
weeks. Maybe she'll get an offer from a pro football team.

Isn't it nice to know that this will pass?
Morag in Detroit
Old September 18th 04, 01:04 AM
Julia Altshuler

What am I working on?

1. A small art quilt as part of an exchange on another Internet list.
It will be dark purples and fuscias. I'm thinking "Rappacini's Garden"
which I checked out of the library today for more ideas on poisonous
purple flowers.

2. My parents' 50th wedding anniversary quilt. I'd hoped my brother's
children would get excited about helping me choose the fabric, but they
have other interests at the moment. (Kids can be so fickle about what
captures their excitement. I don't want to push them because fabric
choosing should never be a chore, but I don't mind admiting I'm
disappointed that they're not getting into it the way I am.)

Thus I'm at the beginning stage of this quilt. I have the pattern
chosen and know I'm working with peacock colors but haven't started
cutting anything. I hope it goes together quickly once I get going.

3. (Most exciting.) My brother is remarrying in December. That means
his new bride gets a quilt. If the timing weren't so rushed, I'd make
her something just for her, but I might just give her something
wonderful from the closet. It isn't like I don't have a backlog. I
have to think about this. I could be late with either her or my
parents' quilt and make them both custom just for them, or I could give
one the other or both something that's already made. I'd know it wasn't
made special for them, but they wouldn't, and I could personalize it
with some more machine quilting.

4. My friend in Colorado's sister-in-law is having a baby in December.
She's asked to buy a baby quilt. Same dilemma there. I could custom
make something or give her one that's ready made from the closet. I
asked what she'd like, showed her family pictures of the existing
quilts, and they said they liked an existing one
(http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsn...ges/AStars.jpg). Looking at
it now, I still like it, but it looks unfinished. I'm thinking it needs
serious more quilting and a lot more stars.

--Lia

Old September 18th 04, 01:24 AM
KJ

I really like that Lia. And I think you're right, it needs more quilting.
Then it would look great! More stars are up to you. More would be good,
but with extra quilting you might not need them. Or you could quilt more
stars in. It would be a wonderful baby gift.

Old September 18th 04, 03:50 AM
Sandy Foster

In article HYK2d.209149$mD.44608@attbi_s02,
Julia Altshuler wrote:

4. My friend in Colorado's sister-in-law is having a baby in December.
She's asked to buy a baby quilt. Same dilemma there. I could custom
make something or give her one that's ready made from the closet. I
asked what she'd like, showed her family pictures of the existing
quilts, and they said they liked an existing one
(http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsn...ges/AStars.jpg). Looking at
it now, I still like it, but it looks unfinished. I'm thinking it needs
serious more quilting and a lot more stars.

Ooooooh, Lia, I'd choose that one, too!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old September 18th 04, 05:09 AM
DrQuilter

or you can make it a feature of your salsa.... )

CNYstitcher wrote:

Hey Babs.....what do I have to do to order some of your salsa?? DH
likes it as many alarm hot as possible, I'm a so mild it's barely
more than a tomato...lol Would love to get some for him for the
stocking this year - he's a junk-food-junkie

Larisa

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old September 19th 04, 04:09 AM
Julia Altshuler

KJ wrote:
I really like that Lia. And I think you're right, it needs more quilting.
Then it would look great! More stars are up to you. More would be good,
but with extra quilting you might not need them. Or you could quilt more
stars in. It would be a wonderful baby gift.

What if I gave it more quilting in the form of quilted stars in orange,
yellow and red thread? Instead of more applique stars, it would have
thread shadow stars. That way it would get more quilting and more stars
at the same time.

--Lia

Old September 19th 04, 04:37 AM
KJ

I think that would work great. Echo the stars several times for emphasis.

Kathyl....who is working on the quilt that ate the sewing room. My pastel
crazy stars is getting a border. It was already a big quilt and it's
getting bigger! King size bed...here it comes!! After buying a border
fabric, I found THE border fabric. Now I'm worrying about whether it will
be enough...and I bought the end of the bolt!!!

remove "nospam-" before mchsi

Old September 20th 04, 02:44 AM
frood

Arrr! Not only does she know, she offers her opinions frequently. I made the
mistake of showing her one of my early designs, and she was a bit upset when
I deviated from it!

--
Capn Grainne O'Malley the Drunken Tongue
Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19, 2004
"DDM" wrote in message
Love the elephants, Wendy! This is shaping up into a fantastic quilt.

Does
MFR know about it yet?

Dee in LeRoy, NY

"frood" wrote in message
m...
Aside from my daily chaos management and occasional piratical duties,

I've
been working on several projects.

- I Spy quilts - one each for Spike and Giles. These are twin size (of
course!), similar in design and layout (which I'm making up as I go

along)
but Spike's has pink fabric borders, and Giles' is purple. (also, Giles'

has
a block with Paddington Bear holding the letter G, and Spike's has
Paddington holding an A, just so DH doesn't have to remember who is

purple,
and who is pink ;-P ) I'm about 1/2 finished with assembling the tops. I
work on them alternately, one stage at a time.

- FFF3 is basted, and ready to start quilting. The other 2 FFFs are

done.

- I finished embroidering around the edges of the elephants for Miss

Fussy
Rose's quilt, Pink Elephants on Parade
http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/WIPs.htm

This is all I'm currently working on, however, I will soon start working

on
a plaid quilt for my mom, and I'm sure I'll work in a few Halloween
projects. Oh, I'm also busy packing for the Pennsylvania National Quilt
Extravaganza (what's a vaganza, and how do you get an extra one?) this

week
in Ft. Washington, PA. I'll be flying up Thursday evening, and going to

the
show Friday and Saturday.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
news
Well? ;-)
What sort of things does everyone have going at the moment in the

quilt
family? Dragging out PIGS or finishing up UFOs and WIPS or have new

quilts
started appearing?