OT Good vibes needed...

Old November 21st 03, 04:50 AM
Jalynne

Default OT Good vibes needed...

I thought I'd bring this to my family here...some of the ones I've chosen...

DH and I have decided to cut off part of his family tonight. Without going into too
much detail, they have been literally judging us and being completely unreasonable
because we refuse to allow them to contact the child that we gave up for adoption
when he was 3 days old. We kept trying to tell them that he's no longer a part of
our family, and that when he is 18, he alone gets to choose whether to contact the
rest of the family or not (we have an open adoption arrangement, so we do get regular
contact already.). They just don't get it, and won't accept it. So...painfully...we
are cutting out the unhealthy part of our lives and going on to live in good mental
and emotional health. In a way I'm relieved, but it still hurts so much. What I'm
asking for...and it's difficult to ask...is just for you all to keep caring, and to
keep accepting me for who I am, and to send comforting vibes to me, but most
especially to DH. He's really hurting over this.

Thanks guys, you're the best!

Off to do something to soothe my aching soul...
--
Jalynne

Old November 21st 03, 04:59 AM
Karen_AZ

Remember it's a family "tree". Sometimes you need to do some pruning to keep
the rest healthy.

Gawd that's so trite. But that doesn't make it less true.

Hugs to you on a tough but sensible decision.

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Old November 21st 03, 05:19 AM
Tink

Wow. Beautifully and succinctly put, Karen.

Jalynne, I'm dealing with a similar kind of family issue. It's very hard to
have to do that, but it's sometimes necessary. You need to do what you need
to do for the two of you. Hugs to you both.

--
Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Now offering private lampworking instruction!
http://snurl.com/2pun for auctions...

Old November 21st 03, 06:10 AM
Kandice Seeber

(((((((hugs))))))) It sounds like a very painful decision, but the right
one for you. Lots of comforting and soothing vibes coming your way. I hope
it gets better soon!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old November 21st 03, 06:15 AM
Jalynne

Thanks, everyone, it really helps to know that I"m not looney toons, and that people
do care and understand where i'm coming from.

Kandice...this has been a big part of why i've not been able to get together with
you...it's just been too emotionally painful around here lately. Hopefully this will
help things settle down, and after the holidays, i'll be up to meeting some new
people.
--
Jalynne

Old November 21st 03, 06:57 AM
Regina

Hi Jalynne,

I will keep you in my prayers and your hubby as well.

Regina

Old November 21st 03, 07:27 AM
Bacchae

"Jalynne" wrote in message ...

DH and I have decided to cut off part of his family tonight.

Without going into too
much detail, they have been literally judging us and being

completely unreasonable
because we refuse to allow them to contact the child that we

gave up for adoption
when he was 3 days old.

If it is any comfort, I think you are doing the exactly right
thing. I was in my 30's when my biological family "found" me
and it was a bit of a problem for me. I like my biological
mother and half-brother fine, they are nice people, but I like
them "over there".

It fiddled with my head quite a bit when I first met them and
found a few things out. I can't imagine how much worse it
would have been if I'd been younger. shudder

And whatever you do, don't let *them* push themselves into the
child's life. I think that would be absolutely horrible for
everyone who is an "innocent bystanders", i.e. the child and
the child's family.

I have been willing to meet my bio mother and half-brother but
every time she has talked about introducing me to more
cousins/aunts/uncles it has made me VERY uncomfortable. I have
my own family, thank you very much.

- Sandy

Old November 21st 03, 09:29 AM
Kandice Seeber

There's no hurry on that Jalynne. The holidays are busy for me as well,
and we can put off getting together until things feel better for you. I can
completely understand what you mean - it's hard to keep up happy energy when
you're dealing with that kind of stress. Just remember to take care of
yourself!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old November 21st 03, 02:10 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Hugs to you! I know you'll find strength in each other.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

ink.net...

Good vibes needed S. Burwash Beads 24 September 2nd 03 09:34 PM
At Wit's End...Need Good Vibes - Stat! Christina Peterson Beads 8 August 8th 03 02:08 AM
Good vibes needed Kandice Seeber Beads 12 August 7th 03 09:51 PM
Good Luck Vibes needed please Beadbimbo Beads 5 August 3rd 03 04:27 PM