OT Beware of Spammers/Phishers

Old August 23rd 07, 11:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Default OT Beware of Spammers/Phishers

Had a couple of emails that nearly caught me - one from Recipes Galore and
the other from some other site (Buyers heaven or some such place) thanking
me for signing up and giving me "my" user name/password and login and
telling me to click the link to change my details.

Upon checking my very rusty brain particles I realised that I hadn't signed
up for anything and it was just another silly phishing episode by some poor,
lonely soul.

Be careful those of you who are prone (like I am) to blonde/senior/vague
moments....

This has been another community service announcement

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z37/shazrules/

Old August 23rd 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

I've been getting a lot of those lately. My email application has a reading
pane where I can see the contents of the message without opening it. I also
make sure that the headers are showing. Usually the wacky return email
address is my clue. I was getting bogus emails from Columbia House for a
while. Thanks for the reminder.
--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

u...

Old August 23rd 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

I am nearly downright hostile toward any email that comes from an unknown
source. As a matter of fact, I'm suspicious of email that 'seems' to come
from a known source. About once a week, I get something in from ebay or
Earthlink that might or might not be legitimate. My new keyboard has 3
delete keys. I use them a lot. I wish I knew what the other buttons are
for. Polly

Old August 23rd 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Gosh Polly, my keyboard only has "one" delete key.
I am in envy! I used it the other day when I got a notice about winning a
lottery that I'm sure I didn't enter.
Barbara in SC

Old August 23rd 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Thanks for the reminder, Sharon. I got the "Recipes Galore" one this
AM--hadn't joined so "delete"!!!!

--
Donna in NE La.
"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Had a couple of emails that nearly caught me - one from Recipes Galore and
the other from some other site (Buyers heaven or some such place) thanking
me for signing up and giving me "my" user name/password and login and
telling me to click the link to change my details.

Upon checking my very rusty brain particles I realised that I hadn't
signed up for anything and it was just another silly phishing episode by
some poor, lonely soul.

Be careful those of you who are prone (like I am) to blonde/senior/vague
moments....

This has been another community service announcement

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z37/shazrules/

OT - Now the UK Spammers are getting into it Sharon Harper Quilting 5 July 13th 05 01:19 PM
Spammers- sheeeeeit Armand Vine Beads 16 April 15th 05 08:21 PM
Responding to spammers DKat Pottery 0 March 2nd 05 02:49 PM
OT - Security warning - new tool for the phishers VManes Beads 4 February 11th 05 12:59 PM