Still lurking!

Old August 22nd 07, 11:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default Still lurking!

Mad customer projects and Silver Wedding celebrations all done...

James home for summer holiday after Kandersteg - he got sunburned rather
badly!
He's now concentrating on:
1: making a pair of jeans! (Watch out for a page on the web site about
this!)
2: buying his own computer!
3: painting an army of Warhammer freaks!
I'm hoping he'll design his chess quilt on his pooter, as well as play
games and do boring stuff like homework!

Back to school in a couple of weeks, and no customer projects booked
until October, so I might get time to quilt then!

Meanwhile weather awful as usual (I've even got SOCKS on today! And
it's AUGUST!), Alan still away 3 days a week, and me somewhat fed up
with a new fibro flare up. GRUMP!! I swear we've been dealt a second
February...
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 22nd 07, 11:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Congratulations dear Kate and Alan! And how old is James? Making jeans? Bet
he's looking forward to pounding grommets :-)

I hate February too. Send it back for a refund.
Roberta in D

Old August 22nd 07, 12:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Went to your web site to look at all your sewing creations. Fabulous! I
sewed when I was younger and felt a need to have a closet stuffed with
stuff. I no longer have that urge, thank God, and don't need any costuming.

I also loved to read the British expressions, bit, bonney....lovely!

Glad you bopped in to say hi.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old August 22nd 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Roberta Zollner wrote:
Congratulations dear Kate and Alan! And how old is James? Making jeans? Bet
he's looking forward to pounding grommets :-)

Thanks! It doesn't feel like 25 years! More like five, except that
James is nearly 13... And no grommets or rivets on these jeans: he
doesn't like them digging into him and popping off, so we will do without.

I hate February too. Send it back for a refund.

Good idea!

Old August 22nd 07, 12:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Boca Jan wrote:
Went to your web site to look at all your sewing creations. Fabulous! I
sewed when I was younger and felt a need to have a closet stuffed with
stuff. I no longer have that urge, thank God, and don't need any costuming.

I no longer have room for a closet full either, so it's great making for
others: THEY have to house the stuff when it's done, AND I get paid for
it!

James is still growing, being almost 13, so his clothing regularly gets
recycled.

I also loved to read the British expressions, bit, bonney....lovely!

Hehehe... You also have some great expressions and sayings. Some of my
more colourful ones never make it to the web site!

Glad you bopped in to say hi.

Thanks. I can't keep up properly at the moment, but I'm looking forward
to some peace after the schools go back! I need to get back to my
chocolate quilt!

Old August 22nd 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

You're so right, Kate.
I nearly got DH to light a fire last evening!!
..
In message , Kate XXXXXX
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 22nd 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
Mad customer projects and Silver Wedding celebrations all done...

James home for summer holiday after Kandersteg - he got sunburned rather
badly!
He's now concentrating on:
1: making a pair of jeans! (Watch out for a page on the web site about
this!)
2: buying his own computer!
3: painting an army of Warhammer freaks!
I'm hoping he'll design his chess quilt on his pooter, as well as play
games and do boring stuff like homework!

Back to school in a couple of weeks, and no customer projects booked
until October, so I might get time to quilt then!

Meanwhile weather awful as usual (I've even got SOCKS on today! And
it's AUGUST!), Alan still away 3 days a week, and me somewhat fed up
with a new fibro flare up. GRUMP!! I swear we've been dealt a second
February...

Would you believe it - we have put our central heating on tonight, and
my feet are still cold. Weather forecast is reasonable for the weekend
though.

Even cats have decided to stay in for a change.

I feel so sorry for the disappointed people who have come here for their
annual holidays. Monday's carnival was soggy - less crowds, so less
money taken (for expenses and charities); lots of miserable toddlers and
children wondering what they were doing dressed as mermaids, etc in the
rain. The lantern parade before the fireworks was a bit of a fiasco as
many of the lanterns wouldn't light in the damp and the paper they are
made of all went flabby. Fireworks worked well though. I like fireworks!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Just lurking, on and off... Kate XXXXXX Quilting 2 February 14th 07 08:24 PM
Is anybody lurking. SpikeDriver Yarn 3 July 25th 06 11:08 AM
Out of Lurking Betsy Ross Quilting 7 September 30th 05 04:45 AM
De-Lurking! Ben Farber Quilting 16 July 1st 04 07:28 AM
Lurking FLORIDA ANGEL Quilting 12 October 13th 03 09:44 PM