Can PMC+ be fired in a hotpot kiln?

Old August 11th 04, 12:52 PM
Diana Curtis

Default Can PMC+ be fired in a hotpot kiln?

If you are referring to Precious Metal Clay the answer is, I think so, check
with the folks over in rec.crafts.beads, they know for sure. If you mean
polyclay the answer is no. Polyclay (which is what we know talk about here)
cures at a much lower temp.
Diana

pauly12345 wrote in message
Just wondering since somehow ive got $50 of PMC+ sitting in front of
me with the new kiln. That and a pmc3 syringe. I must have clicked the
wrong button.

Old August 12th 04, 12:00 AM
pauly12345

Tks for the information, sorry did note after the fact i was in the
wrong forum. But Ive since found just how nice some of the polymer
clay sculptures look. Will be buying some as id like to try larger
stuff, something only a millionaire could attempt with that pmc
material.

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 06:52:50 -0500, "Diana Curtis"
wrote:

If you are referring to Precious Metal Clay the answer is, I think so, check
with the folks over in rec.crafts.beads, they know for sure. If you mean
polyclay the answer is no. Polyclay (which is what we know talk about here)
cures at a much lower temp.
Diana

.. .

Old August 12th 04, 12:30 AM
Diana Curtis

Heh, heh, heh, welcome to the addiction. Did you get pointed towards
www.glassattic.com ? its a wealth of info and links for polyclayers. Come on
over to the bead group anyway, lets see if we can get you hooked on pretty
things with holes in them.. .aka beads, which btw can be made of polyclay as
well.

Old August 23rd 04, 03:14 PM
LJCefali

No, PMC needs a kiln - but you can fire PMC3 in the hot pot, or with a torch.
It fires at a lower temperature