Recommendations? New Camera

Old March 25th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default Recommendations? New Camera

Well - it looks like my Nikon coolpix 5000 may be in for some expensive
repairs. So while I wait to get an estimate, I'm starting to research a
new camera, in case the costs for repairs is so high that getting a new
camera makes more sense. I have another digital for family snapshots,
travel picks, etc. So this new camera would only be used for beads and
jewelry, so I'd like something with a good macro, and probavbly 5+ MP
just so I can have some flexibility in how I use pictures taken with
the camera..
Any recommendations?

--
Susan B. in CA (NADA)

EBay Auctions:
http://tinyurl.com/kql9c
Old March 28th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

"Susan B." wrote in message

...this new camera would only be used for beads and
jewelry, so I'd like something with a good macro, and probavbly 5+ MP
just so I can have some flexibility in how I use pictures taken with
the camera..
Any recommendations?

Your stuff is *SO* awesome, it probably deserves a better
camera than I have, but I've been very pleased with my
Sony CyberShot (with macro). Mine only has 4 MP, so you
should check to see what Sony's next generation has to offer.
Just my 2 cents! :-)

- Susan in V (not "C") A :-)

Old March 30th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

I have a little Olympus Camedia D-540 that I use as a general-purpose
family camera, and a backup bead camera when needed, and it does a great
job! Lower megapixels than you need, but I'm sure Olympus has something
else in the same line that would work well. It has VERY nice macro and
the price point is great.

Susan B. wrote:
Well - it looks like my Nikon coolpix 5000 may be in for some expensive
repairs. So while I wait to get an estimate, I'm starting to research a
new camera, in case the costs for repairs is so high that getting a new
camera makes more sense. I have another digital for family snapshots,
travel picks, etc. So this new camera would only be used for beads and
jewelry, so I'd like something with a good macro, and probavbly 5+ MP
just so I can have some flexibility in how I use pictures taken with
the camera..
Any recommendations?

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old March 31st 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Thanks Kalera. I received some unexpected $$ this week, so I decided to
go ahead and get another Nikon (I got a Coolpix P2) as I have generally
been happy with Nikon's cameras, and know how to use them.

S,

Old March 31st 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

It's an older model, the Coolpix 4500. That's my main bead camera, and I
adore it!

Susan B. wrote:
Which Nikon do you have?

Old March 31st 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

The one that's in for repairs in a Coolpix 5000 - takes great pics, but
almost too many features for me, given my lack of time to RTFM!

In article , Kalera
wrote:

It's an older model, the Coolpix 4500. That's my main bead camera, and I
adore it!

Susan B. wrote:
Which Nikon do you have?