Bevels...by the inch

Old June 25th 04, 12:51 AM
Scribble

Default Bevels...by the inch

If any of you stained glass people wouldn't mind sharing, I'm wondering
about the going rates for custom bevels. I'm mainly interested in cut-off
prices for now. What's a fair price to have the ends of over-the-counter
bevels re-beveled after they've been cut to fit a pattern? These are
usually 1", 1.5" and 2" strips. Is this handled like custom curved
beveling - i.e., by the inch? Do these prices vary much regioinally? I'm
in SW Florida.

Your feedback much appreciated.

~s

Old June 25th 04, 01:13 AM
Moonraker

What quantities? How fast of service? That may alter the prices you have
to pay.
I get $2.00 inch....but I "mostly" only bevel to make replacement pieces for
repairs.

Now that I have a video tape, that is. :)

link.net...

Old June 25th 04, 03:17 AM
Scribble

"Moonraker" wrote in message
What quantities? How fast of service?

$2 / inch sounds pretty good to me.

I'm doing a couple dozen at a time, with a two day turnaround.

Three days if I've been goofing off, watching this wierd videotape I
traded for Beefeaters instead of working.

~s

Old June 25th 04, 04:47 AM
Michele Blank

well, Beefeaters can't be better than a fine bottle of wine and/or a
check... ?? then again perhaps the right video could help me pass the time
till they arrive... m

Old June 25th 04, 06:31 AM
Javahut

"Scribble" wrote in message
link.net...
If any of you stained glass people wouldn't mind sharing, I'm wondering
about the going rates for custom bevels. I'm mainly interested in cut-off
prices for now. What's a fair price to have the ends of over-the-counter
bevels re-beveled after they've been cut to fit a pattern? These are
usually 1", 1.5" and 2" strips. Is this handled like custom curved
beveling - i.e., by the inch? Do these prices vary much regioinally? I'm
in SW Florida.

Your feedback much appreciated.

Are you a beveler? Or are you wanting to have some done?

Old June 25th 04, 11:42 AM
Scribble

J -

I'm beveling. Not on a full-time commercial scale (I worked a college
summer in a midwest beveling sweatshop and didn't much care for being
chained to that wheel), but as a portion of my leaded / etched / carved art
glass business. Bought the gear just to add custom pieces to my own work,
but quickly found other glassworkers at my door.

~s

"Javahut" wrote in message

link.net...

Old June 25th 04, 12:54 PM
Moonraker

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
well, Beefeaters can't be better than a fine bottle of wine and/or a
check... ?? then again perhaps the right video could help me pass the

time
till they arrive... m

????

You should have gotten the check by now. Let me know if it doesn't come
today or tomorrow. I can send another...

As to the whine....well, I carefully dehydrated it to save on shipping
costs. Just add 750 ml. of cold water to the contents of the envelope and
enjoy.

Old June 25th 04, 12:58 PM
Moonraker

"Scribble" wrote in message
link.net...

but quickly found other glassworkers at my door.

You are taking in homeless glassworkers?

Old June 25th 04, 01:24 PM
Scribble

You are taking in homeless glassworkers?

Yes, it's true. They're more polite and less depressed, in general, than
the watercolor artists I used to house.

But now I can never find the band-aids. And I've had to put a lock on the
liquor cabinet.

Plus, yesterday one of them copper foiled a nice loaf of sliced rye bread my
wife had just brought home. Think he used 7/32" foil, which helped avoid
that heavy, over-leaded look we see so often.

~s

Old June 25th 04, 01:51 PM
Javahut

"Scribble" wrote in message
link.net...
You are taking in homeless glassworkers?

Yes, it's true. They're more polite and less depressed, in general, than
the watercolor artists I used to house.

But now I can never find the band-aids. And I've had to put a lock on the
liquor cabinet.

Plus, yesterday one of them copper foiled a nice loaf of sliced rye bread

my
wife had just brought home. Think he used 7/32" foil, which helped avoid
that heavy, over-leaded look we see so often.

OK, with that sense of humor, are you anywhere nearTampa?

1/8 inch brads with 1/8 inch plywood? Cathy Weeks Doll Houses 1 March 12th 04 10:18 AM
looking for bevels in the UK..? Adrian brentnall Glass 2 February 4th 04 08:31 AM
colored bevels kasfam Glass 2 December 24th 03 04:39 PM
Need to find 4 straight bevels M.D. Merkle Glass 6 July 22nd 03 10:24 PM