So who has meet in "real life"

Old June 7th 10, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default So who has meet in "real life"

On 6/7/10 6:42 AM, in article ,
"Sara" wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 18:23:29 -0400, "Ellice K."
wrote:

Where are you, Sara? Sue & I have been at least doing the thinking about a
meet up. We're definitely due. Might be able to drag out the very busy
Ericka, and Donna. Sue W. is in this area as well.

Ellice

I'm in Dover, DE. The land of no real bookstores and no LNS. But I
have a car.... DS will be at sports announcing camp up at Villanova
the week of 6/21, but that may be too soon to arrange.

We have a garment rack for jerseys too, and the basement and garage
are stuffed full of equipment that dates back to DH's highschool days.

I hope we can make this work; it would be fun!

Sara

Ok - jerseys, the skates, outgrown shoulder pads, chest protectors and 3
pairs of used/abused pads...
And DH's college gear...

Old June 7th 10, 10:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 6/7/10 3:12 PM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

wrote:

Where are you, Sara? Sue & I have been at least doing the thinking about a
meet up. We're definitely due. Might be able to drag out the very busy
Ericka, and Donna. Sue W. is in this area as well.

Ellice

I'm in Dover, DE. The land of no real bookstores and no LNS. But I
have a car.... DS will be at sports announcing camp up at Villanova
the week of 6/21, but that may be too soon to arrange.

We have a garment rack for jerseys too, and the basement and garage
are stuffed full of equipment that dates back to DH's highschool days.

I hope we can make this work; it would be fun!

Sara

Ok - jerseys, the skates, outgrown shoulder pads, chest protectors and 3
pairs of used/abused pads...
And DH's college gear...

LOL - we sound like our own little competition....Personally, in our case I
think it's either all the roller gear (and those bulky skates) or all the
softball gear that puts us over the edge. It took a while to get him to
lose the old high school chest protector - he'd detached the arms and used
it for roller & street for a while. DH at least has donated outgrown leg
pads, or replaced ones to several programs. Happily enough, we donated a
bunch of my earlier "skating out" gear and some of his older (smaller)
goalie gear to the Ft. Dupont Kids on Ice program - whose coach/founder (and
great guy, though not too nice to "outsiders") Neal Henderson just got named
to the Hockey Hall of Fame in the new category for community development or
some such.

We could start our own version of Play it again Sports - that is if anyone
were ever willing to get rid of their stuff. DH is just waiting for me to
lose weight and start the horsey thing again - more stinky stuff to bring
into the house!

ellice

Old June 8th 10, 10:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sara

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 09:18:03 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

A pair of 70's vintage goal pads - leather and horse
hair - in his length and nearly pristine. One of these weighs more than both
of his new pads.

They are "art" in his room

DH's first pair were just like that. They are incredibly heavy. But
art? I dunno.
Just curious, how tall is K. now?

Sara
Old June 8th 10, 11:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/7/10 5:55 PM, in article , "Ellice K."
wrote:

On 6/7/10 3:12 PM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Oh - you'll win hands down, while there is TONS of hockey gear, and a few
baseball bats, DD's lacrosse gear is a stick, a mouth guard and goggles.
Unless she does become a goalie full time, then you add an extra stick and
protective gear.

Old June 8th 10, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 6/8/10 6:45 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 6/7/10 5:55 PM, in article , "Ellice K."
wrote:

On 6/7/10 3:12 PM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Hey, I don't know that it's winning. Just means that essentially instead of
a kids room, we have what I could lovingly call the "room of stench"....
One of the spare rooms downstairs (of the 2 only partially finished ) is
supposed to be the fitness room - which has the garment rack, my gear and
some other assorted non stench stuff. But, the other room - which is
ultimately supposed to be the crafty room (we even did electrical in there
for an extra washer/dryer) is meant to house the gross assortmt of athletic
gear. Right now, it actually is storage for some patio furniture, and....a
circulating fan, and ....the stink stuff - that's where the airing racks for
gear are, and the softball stuff, and the roller stuff... It's kind of
pathetic that essentially we have an entire room full of this stuff - and
somehow, I'm not sure it's going to come visit when we're old and drooling
in our dotage.

My DB & DSIL (not the crazies) laugh at us that we have all this gear. But,
the nephew did benefit as he was growing by being the recipient of gear, and
at least having us to play hoops, baseball, football, and skate with him.
His uncle on my SIL's side was a pro-tennis player (he's an agent now - & an
antique/Stickley dealer -quite the combo) - who could do the tennis thing
with him.

So on that note....today I have my first session with the trainer at the new
gym that opened in our 'hood. Amazing deal for the residents - so, we're
signed up. I'm excited as they have an indoor and outdoor pool. So, yeah,
water aerobics in bad weather. I think one of our community pools will have
them during the summer now the pool's open as well. At least the gym
doesn't take big gear - just more work-out clothes.

Ellice

Old June 8th 10, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 6/8/10 6:48 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

wrote:

A pair of 70's vintage goal pads - leather and horse
hair - in his length and nearly pristine. One of these weighs more than both
of his new pads.

They are "art" in his room

DH's first pair were just like that. They are incredibly heavy. But
art? I dunno.
Just curious, how tall is K. now?

Sara

He's about 6 foot 2 and may be doing another growth thing. DD is rising
fast.

Big kids! I'm so happy that at least one of my niece's is actually just
shorter than me! It's like being in a family of giants at my brothers -
with him being just about 6'3", but the over 6'8" nephew,& the 5'11" niece -
who wears heels - a lot. IIRC, the nephew was only abouat 6'5" when he
started at FSU, and then grew the next 3+ inches. Be happy that you can get
normal shoes for K - I think my DB is constantly amazed at the trials of
getting size 17/18 shoes for J. My SIL is about 5'4" - although her dearly
departed mother actually argued with mine that I was her height (not) during
the infamous ordering of hideous bridesmaid dress incident (extra length or
not). Made me think -they're kind of like my folks - dad was 6'5" when they
married, and mom.....5'3 + 1/2" - very important 1/2" . In the wedding pix
- my mom was standing on a phone book under her gown - seriously.

Old June 8th 10, 06:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher

On 08/06/2010 13:50, Ellice K. wrote:
[...]

I'm 6 ft 4 ins tall and take size 14 shoes. I get most of my clothes
from an online shop in Cornwall who stock trainers up to size 19
www.thebigmansshop.com/Catalogue.asp?PrGrp=20
Bruce

Old June 8th 10, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 6/8/10 1:37 PM, in article ,
"Bruce Fletcher" wrote:

[...]

I was used to the big/tall shops with my dad, who was pretty slender (he
managed to always stay in shape), and was just a size 12 shoe. But, I think
my nephew hit a size 16 shoe when he was about 16. They live in an area
with a lot of professional athletes, and I think they've taken advantage of
being able to shop similarly. I think my brother is just hoping that Josh
doesn't grow much more! We just call his older sister the "Glamazon" -
given her height and penchant for fashion, & high heels. Or, we actually
think that she's the role model for "legally blonde - Elle Wood."

It's good that you have a place to get your clothes - on-line is so
convenient now, rather than having to run all over looking for a shop.

Ellice

Old June 9th 10, 06:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
joyce

Ellice K. wrote:
On 6/8/10 1:37 PM, in article ,
"Bruce Fletcher" wrote:

[...]

I think USA shoe sizes are different from those of UK, as the clothes
are. I've gathered that size 5 shoe here is called 7 there, or
something like that. In clothes, sizes 2 and 4 don't exist in UK (to my
knowledge if they did the wearers would be in hospital or coffins!
Even a 6 is a very skinny teenager!

Joyce in RSA.