AD (yes an Ad & a long rambling note)

Old April 8th 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default AD (yes an Ad & a long rambling note)

Hi guys....

Been a while! ("long while" or "short while" depends on your
perception of time I guess, lol) :-)
The only consistant truth of time seeming to be that there is NEVER
enough of it.....

Some of you may remember my last post was related to my
efforts/mission/hope
of getting some of my father's work out for viewing - on auctions at
first and eventually thru other venues.

I know there's been some discussion over AD or not to AD or to AD with
chat or just CHAT
being prefered. All points of view have strong and weak aspects - and I
can see the change in the essence of the board with less chatter and
more ads - yet as I"m not one to post often
even tho I read periodically I'll hold my opinion in reserve......

Tho I've chosen auctions as the 'first step' of getting my father's
pieces out in the viewing
body, I hope you'll see/sense my greater goal here isn't actually so
much the 'selling' -
rather it's the sharing of his pieces that matters to me - and these
auctions are the first step in a series of steps I have in motion to
accomplish my goal.

It's important to me to have his work out there, seen, and perhaps (if
it connect with people) gain a degree of recognition and/or garner
feedback. Right now it's bits 'n pieces (beads etc). Eventually I'm
hoping to share his larger works.....

Was it Dawn(?) who in one of her recent posts (eloquently) touched upon
something that rings true in my mind in relation to this group - for
those new and for those of us who go way way wayyyyyy back in the
timeline of rec.crafts.beads....The point being that I think whenever
you have things that are close to your heart, new ideas/skills/projects
that are 'tender', or something to 'share' you tend to pack them up and
carry them to places you know and feel safe to unwrap them and expose
them to the light.... .

Some of you won't remember me.....
But some of us have cyber-known each other for many years...
We've postulated on life (Tina!) I've watched great jewelry designers
become first rate beadmakers (Kandice!) I've read threads that got so
long I had to take a nap to get to the end! :-) This group has gifted
me with kind words about my work over the years (Linda!) and made me
think deeply about things (Sooz!) to name just a few....
I've watched as many of you have run the gamut from first piece to
being published!
And we've shared all the bits of this 'n that that weave the path of
the remainder of the group....

(And you've all even overlooked my questionable spelling, & love of
exclamation points, quotation marks, and trailing dots ........lol....I
write the way I think - hard habit(s) to break).....

For all the ups and downs, for the cranky times, the happy times, the
convoluted times
the coming and going it's good to know you're all still here to 'come
back to' with
tender things that require gentle sharing..... I Promise I won't
overuse the kindness.....

Now, all that said (in my classic long rambling way), if you'd care to
look, here's the link

http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=5734

Thanks for reading along....
Faith
TQC LLC

Old April 10th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

FAITH!!! Hey, babe! Your father's stuff is lovely. Welcome back!

RCB is kind of like a really old, good friend. You can spend a large time
apart, but then come back and it's like you never left.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old May 21st 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Yup, Kandice. I have some friends that I see seldom, but start right back
up where I left off even after years apart. And I can think of a bunch of
RCBers who are gone, but whom I'd love to see come back. Though I've been
absent a while and haven't welcomed back some of my old buddies.

It's good to see you back, Faith.

I like ADs, but like to feel they're from friends, not just advertisers I
like advertisements from friends who are sharing their work, which is most
of what we get here. If all we want is ads, I can just go to eBay. I guess
as for as ads go, I wouldn't mind seeing ads for work on individuals' sites
more, since I do see as much of eBay as I want on my own.

I do think that our "chat" is the most important component of this group.
That's where we express out support of each other as individual who work
with beads. Artistic and marketing support, etc, is important. There also
seems to be a higher percentage of people with mild to severe disabilities
among beaders, possibly among crafters in general, so support in those areas
is important too. And often the two areas are addressed simultaneously, as
in the question of table height that will allow people in wheel chairs to
view items at a show. Or ways to work out a schedule that will allow
someone to have a table at a show if they are prone to mental or physical
exhaustion.

Thanks for a beautiful post,Faith, dear.

Tina

update - long Jessamy Quilting 28 January 29th 05 02:28 PM
OT very. Long Hair Care Polly Esther Quilting 113 May 16th 04 03:40 PM
Walking Foot To Give Away "long". Dixie Quilting 4 April 24th 04 03:41 PM
OT (Somewhat) Life Takes You By Surprise (Long and Rambling) hfw Quilting 16 April 12th 04 11:09 PM