Beading magazines, pearls & knotting

Old June 14th 04, 05:27 PM
Valerie2

Default Beading magazines, pearls & knotting

Since pearls should be knotted between them, how come in magazines like
BeadStyle, they show/print jewely designs/instructions but they don't
knot between the pearls?

Valerie

Old June 14th 04, 07:23 PM
Valerie2

Thanks! I took a knotting class, and it's *still* not easy for me! I
guess I need more practice.

Valerie

Kathy N-V wrote:

I think it's because BeadStyle mainly features beginner's projects, and
knotting pearls isn't easy or intuitive at first.

Kathy N-V

Old June 14th 04, 07:56 PM
Dr. Sooz

Thanks! I took a knotting class, and it's *still* not easy for me! I
guess I need more practice.

Which method did they teach you? They taught us two different ones, and one
was much easier than the other. (Tweezers were lots easier than the awl.)
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old June 14th 04, 08:13 PM
Valerie2

They taught us using the tweezers. I don't remember what the method
was, but you put the pearl on, take the short end, then drop it into the
loop and put the tweezers into the loop next to the pearl and push the
knot down close to the pearl.

Valerie

Old June 14th 04, 08:21 PM
Dr. Sooz

They taught us using the tweezers. I don't remember what the method
was, but you put the pearl on, take the short end, then drop it into the
loop and put the tweezers into the loop next to the pearl and push the
knot down close to the pearl.

That's the one they taught us -- we all loved it! It was much easier than the
awl method. Thank your lucky stars you were taught that one! haw
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old June 14th 04, 08:28 PM
Valerie2

I started off doing it backwards...I was taking the longer end and
putting it thru the loop, instead of the shorter end. I kept wondering
why I kept getting all tangled up! *L*

Valerie

Dr. Sooz wrote:

They taught us using the tweezers. I don't remember what the method
was, but you put the pearl on, take the short end, then drop it into the
loop and put the tweezers into the loop next to the pearl and push the
knot down close to the pearl.

That's the one they taught us -- we all loved it! It was much easier than the
awl method. Thank your lucky stars you were taught that one! haw
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Book Review: Chic & Easy Beading: 100 Fast and Fun Fashion Jewelry EL Beads 5 March 27th 04 12:18 AM
Beading Magazines starlia Beads 7 March 18th 04 11:39 PM
Trade Lampwork for Pearls starlia Beads 2 March 15th 04 07:08 AM
AD: Ongoing Beading Classes - Craft Students League NYC Craft Students League Beads 0 February 26th 04 08:27 PM
Beading Pearls Christina Peterson Beads 0 February 25th 04 11:13 PM