OT but I'll bet you could make these with your beadie tools

Old August 19th 05, 07:19 AM
Polly S.

Dr. Sooz wrote:
BTW:
If you should happen to receive a CD in a tin, I would LOVE to have it.
The tin, I mean. You can send it to me! I will pay for postage! I
collect them and alter them and they are SOOO bitchen afterward!!!!!

SEND ME YOUR CD TINS.

Have you gotten any in the hard cardboard boxes.. surprisingly *very*
well made. They are about the same size as the tin but the cover flips
open and when close to closing a tiny magnet grabs and holds the flap...
Pretty cool. So far I have just been scavaging the small magnets though!

--
Polly
Old August 19th 05, 07:44 AM
Polly S.

Shirley Shone wrote:
Talking about dragonflies I had a close encounter with one yesterday.
We had on flitting around the garden but not staying still long enough
to take a picture.
A little later on I went to get the laundry off the line. I had an
armful of clothes, with my cardigan hanging over my arm on top of them
all.
I turned around to go in the house and I looked down to see the
dragonfly perched on my cardigan. He was of the green and black variety
and had a wingspan of at least 6 inch.
I hardly dare breath for I did not want to frighten him away. I tried
calling DH to bring the camera but he did not hear.
Then he flew off but it was a lovely feeling to have been so close to
one, until 2 years ago I had never seen one in real life.

How wonderful... I think they are the most incredible creatures. And
have been in awe of them as far back as I can remember. These seem so...
other worldly.

-----

An old bit of prose...
http://www.saxoncreek.com/oneheart/drgnfly2.htm

-----

p.s. Bad Polly... cleaned off my workbench today and found an unmailed
package for you Shirley. hanging head Will make amends with a trip
to Post Office!!!!!

--
Polly
Old August 19th 05, 02:01 PM
crna_ofca

Kandice Seeber wrote:

What a cool idea!! We get so many of these cd's in the mail from Earthlink,
AOL and more. Nice to see something good being done with them!

check this
site is in croatian, but you will understand pictures

http://www.hobbyart-chemaco.hr/defau...at=38&IDArt=73

--
..~*I'm an angel, honest! These horns are just to keep my halo up.*~.

Old August 20th 05, 12:57 AM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

The correct term for that type of needlework is "Rotographics". ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mystified One" wrote in message
I saw something similar on The Carol Duval Show. I'm amazed, did a search,
and found this!

It's apparently really popular in the netherlands, but I hadn't seen it
before. Now you know what you can do with your old AOL CD's!

http://home.planet.nl/~bas.heesakker..._cd_frames.htm

It's one of those art forms that always amazes people but they put it on
the back burner for later.

I just need to finagle the Dremmel from DH....

Old August 20th 05, 02:02 AM
Polly S.

Mystified One wrote:
I got a hard cardboard one but I didn't think there was a magnet in it. The
AOL one, right?

Right. If you have the right box, it's covered in glossy paper and has a
lid that is more like a flap but rigid... feel along the narrow lip of
the flap for a bump. Tada, tiny magnet! I really wanted to come up with
ways to cover it and embellish it to make ... ya know... a Box rather
than just a box! But another project and going one more direction I
don't need right now!

--
Polly
Old August 22nd 05, 07:47 PM
m3rma1d

"Dr. Sooz" wrote:

BTW:
If you should happen to receive a CD in a tin, I would LOVE to have it.
The tin, I mean. You can send it to me! I will pay for postage! I
collect them and alter them and they are SOOO bitchen afterward!!!!!

SEND ME YOUR CD TINS.

OOF!!! I'll take this oppourtunity to ask something similar, thanks Sooz!!
(and I have one or two tins, If you'd like to gimme yer addy, they're yers
.....)

I'm always looking out for the aol cd holders that are cardboard, almost a
book in that they sorta open up and inside there's a shallow "tray" kinda
thing (where the disk sits awaiting it's trip to my rubbish bin, RIP)... Oh,
and there's a magnetic latch to close it all up... (Jesus, now why can't
that be something easier to sum up, Sooz gets a simple word. 'Tin." Lucky.
I'm stuck with having to ebay search/google a few pics since I'm too lazy to
take one)

The ones I've found in my mail/otherwise gathered look like these:
http://tinyurl.com/8x6k8
(I'm thinking about bidding on that, I've gotten some from that seller
before.... but yikes the shipping... Last time I got 10 or more for the same
shipping price)

I also found this pic of one:
http://www.aolcollecting.com/magnetic.jpg
(hadn't seen any that looked like that before)

If any of y'all have any of these, they seem to be a bit harder to come by
than tins (at least in my aol-target-mailing-area) any printing/style
doesn't matter, they get stripped of their aol-ness once I get ahold of them
:-P But yeah, I'll pay up front for or reimburse the shipping (or whatever)
to anyone who'd wanna send me any :-)

m3rma1d
P.O. Box 10395
Portland, Maine 04104

-- m3rma1d
--
www.creativespill.com
To reply in email, remove my panties.

Old August 22nd 05, 09:34 PM

ever see the movie "dragonfly"? it came out a few years ago..pretty
good, I thought. it's a not-quite-ghost story. a bit spooky at times,
but nothing too bad.

-Amber.

Old August 23rd 05, 09:03 AM
Polly S.

m3rma1d wrote:

I'm always looking out for the aol cd holders that are cardboard, almost a
book in that they sorta open up and inside there's a shallow "tray" kinda
thing (where the disk sits awaiting it's trip to my rubbish bin, RIP)... Oh,
and there's a magnetic latch to close it all up... (Jesus, now why can't
that be something easier to sum up, Sooz gets a simple word. 'Tin." Lucky.
I'm stuck with having to ebay search/google a few pics since I'm too lazy to
take one)

Oh! You mean the ones I've been dismembering for the tiny magnets...
oops sorry! And you described them much better than I was able to!

I have one virgin one that I'm hanging onto for future inspiration but,
since the nice postman has delivered several already, I may get more and
would be happy to send them on to you... if you really want them I could
hit up my next door neighbor for hers!

--
Polly
Old August 23rd 05, 12:55 PM
Kandice Seeber

Oh, right on!!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Kandice the Wonderful One said:
"What a cool idea!! We get so many of these cd's in the mail from
Earthlink, AOL and more. Nice to see something good being done with
them!"
Honey -- you should see the BOOKS I've seen made with CDs as their
PAGES. AWESOME.