Fabric Cut To Close to Edge. Ideas?

Old September 19th 04, 02:27 AM
ginmaru

Default Fabric Cut To Close to Edge. Ideas?

I just got a couple of panels of Sandy Gervais' Christmas alphabet out
of the schnibbles basket at LQS and the top is cut way too close to
the squares. The rest of the panel is good and I would like to make
something for my youngest DS for Christmas. He is in first grade and
is starting to really catch on to reading.

Any ideas on how to salvage the first five letters of the alphabet?

Ginny
Old September 19th 04, 05:03 AM
Lenore Lawrence

Applique the pieces to slightly larger pieces then trim them to the size
they need to be. He'll never notice!

Happy quilting,

Lenore

m...

Old September 19th 04, 09:19 PM
Pat in Virginia

Ginny:

Okay, how about using Lenore's excellent suggestion of applique
on top edge and bottom edge, and keep the sides as purchased.
Then use that fabric and another one to make a nice pieced border
around all four sides to unify the whole thing.

Didn't you just talk about the schnibbles basket in another
post?? I never heard that word before, but I surely do LIKE it. I
can't wait to introduce it into some conversations!

Grins, PAT in VA/USA

Old September 21st 04, 04:39 PM
ginmaru

Pat in Virginia wrote in message news:VQl3d.44$543.37@lakeread03...
Ginny:

Okay, how about using Lenore's excellent suggestion of applique
on top edge and bottom edge, and keep the sides as purchased.
Then use that fabric and another one to make a nice pieced border
around all four sides to unify the whole thing.

Didn't you just talk about the schnibbles basket in another
post?? I never heard that word before, but I surely do LIKE it. I
can't wait to introduce it into some conversations!

Grins, PAT in VA/USA
Woowoooo, Pat! Aren't you collecting natural stuff? I have a fat

quarter for you! River stones with a blue grey look. Pretty but not
huge stones. Want it? Send me your addy?

Ginny

I pick fabric for first quilt! DJDREVNA Quilting 13 September 18th 04 04:24 AM
71 reasons to buy fabric David & Barbara Schmidt Quilting 3 September 3rd 04 04:57 PM
Not enough fabric! Faren Needlework 7 December 30th 03 05:50 AM
FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM