OK, it's confession time.

Old August 25th 05, 02:45 PM
Kandice Seeber

Wow - that's wonderful!!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
Well I have just given something away that is not rubbish.
I have just given the WI over a thousand pounds worth of coned yarn,
cotton and pure wool.
I bought it whilst I was working knowing I would only have a small pension
when I retired.
Little did I know that the first day of retirement I was put on the list
for a heart bypass. After having it I never used my knitting machine
again. Pushing the carriage across is the same type of action as ironing.
When I iron I am in acute pain after doing 3 items. It takes me days to
get the ironing done.
So the cones have sat there accusingly until this week and my great
workroom clear out. I bagged it up in 16 large bags and sent it to the
WI's Knit and Knatter group. They sit and knit things like hats mittens,
little jumpers and scarves and they get sent to the third world countries.

So someone will benefit and I have more room for my gentler pursuits.
It grieved me to see it go with all that money that I tied up in it but
since the bottom of machine knitting has dropped out no one wanted to buy
it.

Shirley

In message , Peggy
writes
Why is it that if you make stuff people insist on giving you things,
'I'm
sure you'll find a use for'. Like all their colour-ugly, left over
sewing
threads that are now so ingrained with dirt and dust that you have to
throw the first few layers away. Or fabric that was never pretty.
Even though it's 'vintage' now, it's still ugly. Or rusty pins? Why?

I don't know about the rusty and dirty stuff, but I think that the reason
people give artists "ugly" stuff is because lots of people view the
creative
process as something magical. It's my suspicion that they believe that
anyone who can create also has the power to transform "ugly" into
"beautiful."

When somebody gives me something ugly and expects me to make something
pretty out of it, I usually take it as a compliment. Of course I rarely
manage to actually achieve beauty, but that's another issue altogether...

--
Shirley Shone

Old August 26th 05, 02:29 AM
melinda

Polly S. wrote:
melinda wrote:

He's tall for a 2 yr old, but worn 'normal' it drags on the ground!
If he's watched I put the ends through the loop so it stays on, but
the weather is warming up a bit here, at least he'll have it for
next winter. I dug out the hand piecing for one of the quilts and
have done a tiny bit, need to tidy up the table before I can use
my machines... :-(

LOL I didn't realize he was 2!!! For some reason I was seeing a teen or
pre-teen!!! Ummm... not so good then, as a little Dr.Who!

There are pictures on our web site, although he's looking a bit less
shaggy now had his hair trimmed for the first time yesterday. No
problems at all :-)

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

OT - Story: Time Flies Kathy N-V Beads 2 January 18th 05 05:25 PM
FBI SADISM, PERVERSION, MENTAL TORTURE and BLATANT human rights violations vicky Yarn 5 October 12th 04 07:30 AM
OT (sorta): Time to myself but sad... Allaya Diep Yarn 43 May 5th 04 04:08 PM
Panic Attack Time starlia Beads 76 March 14th 04 02:39 AM