Knit Out on Sunday

Old August 17th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default Knit Out on Sunday

My friend & I will be attending the 4th annual Knit Out of
our group on Sunday at a local historic site called The Forks.
It goes from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. rain or shine. Unfortunately,
depending on which weather forecast you read, we have a 60
to 90% chance of showers. Oh well, I'm taking a clip on
umbrella for my lawn chair, so maybe it will do double duty.
I don't mind a sprinkle or two, but if it pours, I'm heading for
cover.

We usually have draws for knitting related items - I'm donating
a cute scarf kit - a skein of variegated worsted weight yarn
done up in a large clear plastic drink cup, complete with
wooden needles sticking out the top.

We also plan to have 4 people knitting at once on a lapghan
or afghan, depending on how big it gets. A few of the women
bring along their spinning wheels. We have had lots of people
stop to watch, and most are absolutely fascinated by the spinning.

We have at least one woman who loves to knit stuff for miniature
dolls, and it makes my eyes ache to look at the needles and
thread she uses.

I'll be taking my camera, so will post pictures to my Yahoo album on
Monday. ;)

Happy knitting!!
Shelagh

Old August 17th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Aug 17, 10:38 am, "Shillelagh" wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a fun day, Shelagh.

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 17th 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:12:42 +0000, Katherine wrote:

[...]

That sounds like a lovely day out Shelagh, I hope you have a really great
time. I'll look forward to seeing the pictures.

Bernadette
Old August 18th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
coggietm

Oh that sounds like fun.
Saturday I will be attending the Michigan Fiber Festival in Allegan
( about 1/2 hour from home). I hope to get all the wool I need for
Christmas presents this year and pick up a swift.
(I will see about posting pictures also.)
By Sunday I want my feet up , a cold glass of wine and new items to be
knitting on , while I am thinking of you having fun at your event.
Hope you have a wonderful time,
Coggie

Old August 18th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"coggietm" wrote in message
ups.com...
Oh that sounds like fun.
Saturday I will be attending the Michigan Fiber Festival in Allegan
( about 1/2 hour from home). I hope to get all the wool I need for
Christmas presents this year and pick up a swift.
(I will see about posting pictures also.)
By Sunday I want my feet up , a cold glass of wine and new items to be
knitting on , while I am thinking of you having fun at your event.
Hope you have a wonderful time,
Coggie

Thanks Coggie - let's hear about the festival too! ;) (and I love the idea
of a cold glass of wine). I had one with dinner. Yum

Shelagh

Old August 19th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
coggietm

I blogged about the Fest here... http://coggiesyarntail.spaces.live.com
It was a good day, We went , petted , purchased and came home tired. I
do have a bottle of Red Heron from St. Julian's ( local winery)
chilling in the fridge. Later I will open it an set about making
socks.
I hope you had a great day today at your knit out.
Coggie

Old August 20th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

On Aug 19, 10:34 am, coggietm wrote:
I blogged about the Fest here...http://coggiesyarntail.spaces.live.com
It was a good day, We went , petted , purchased and came home tired. I
do have a bottle of Red Heron from St. Julian's ( local winery)
chilling in the fridge. Later I will open it an set about making
socks.
I hope you had a great day today at your knit out.
Coggie

I enjoyed seeing the pictures and hearing about your day. Sounds like
you should be ready to sit back with that bottle of wine after all of
that. Judy

Old August 20th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I never was in a KNIT OUT , but i do knit out every day , in bank and
doc`s waiting lines , in busses trains and wherever possible ,,,,
mirjam

Old August 20th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
coggietm

On Aug 19, 11:05 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
I never was in a KNIT OUT , but i do knit out every day , in bank and
doc`s waiting lines , in busses trains and wherever possible ,,,,
mirjam

Sounds like you knit in public as much as I do Mirjam. But a knit out
is an organized event with vendors , booths, normally a fashion show
and such. Each venue has a different feel but mostly it is a large
gathering of people with the same passion , yarn.
Coggie in MI

Old August 21st 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default Knit Out on Sunday UPDATE

"coggietm" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sounds like you knit in public as much as I do Mirjam. But a knit out
is an organized event with vendors , booths, normally a fashion show
and such. Each venue has a different feel but mostly it is a large
gathering of people with the same passion , yarn.
Coggie in MI

Coggie, our Knit Out is a bit smaller in scale. No vendors or booths
or fashion show. Ours was organized by our little knitting group and
held at a local historical site.

Of course, everyone brought their own knitting and set up lawn chairs
in a circle. Some people brought yarn related donations for door
prizes. We were able to get a couple of LYS to donate as well. Ram
Wools, which is a fairly well known LYS across North America
donated a $25 gift certificate, and another store owner of a much
smaller store donated some yarn kits. She also gave everyone a
certificate for 10% off your next shopping trip in her store.

We all sat around knitting and gabbing, and answering questions
from interested onlookers. Some of us participated in four handed
knitting on a baby blanket. Originally we were hopeful that we
could finish it before the end of the day, but it didn't happen. I also
found out that I was doing my yarn overs backwards, so will be
changing that!

A couple of women brought their spinning wheels, which always
has people just gawking in wonder. Erica had a bag of rainbow
coloured roving which she had spun and plied, then had started a
pair of socks. One of the other women called the roving "Murdered
Muppets" (it was very bright), but once it was spun, plied and knitted,
it made a very beautiful yarn in more muted colours. I'm mad at myself
for not taking a picture of it.

The weather couldn't have been much better. It started out cool,
breezy and hazy, and thankfully didn't get really warm until around
the time we were all starting to pack up (4 p.m.). I remember a
couple of years ago it was blazing hot & sunny and I had forgotten
my sun hat.

A good time was had by all!
Shelagh

They knit WHAT????? Shillelagh Yarn 24 December 4th 06 08:24 AM
Sunday, rainy Sunday Shillelagh Yarn 5 September 20th 06 10:49 PM
?? Is something knit on a manual knitting machine "hand knit"? Yarn 23 March 14th 06 08:49 PM
knit The Magician Machine Knit 1 January 8th 06 02:20 AM
Machine knit equivalent to "knit one below" Ian Roberts Machine Knit 2 October 29th 04 12:13 PM