Can anyone email me a pattern poncho age 3

Old October 9th 03, 09:01 PM
Louise

Default Can anyone email me a pattern poncho age 3

I have a little girl who has asked me to make her a poncho as her has
had an operation on her arm and willl be in plater along time she
cannot get a coat on. She does not live near enough to measure for the
poncho and am worried about sizes does anyone have a pattern?
Old October 9th 03, 09:20 PM
Pat

Look in the children's section.......there are several in Simplicity and
McCalls and such-------

om...

Old October 9th 03, 10:00 PM

Wildginger.com's Wild Things pattern (free) has a poncho in it.

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Old October 10th 03, 03:30 AM
Emily

I think the one I have is Simplicity, it's in my pattern stash and I don't
have time to look for it this weekend.
If you are near JoAnn's, Simplicitys are on sale for 99 cents Monday, I
think. Also Hobby Lobby have them for 99 cents, too, this week.
Emily

Old October 10th 03, 05:48 AM
Valkyrie

"Louise" wrote in message
om...
I have a little girl who has asked me to make her a poncho as her has
had an operation on her arm and willl be in plater along time she
cannot get a coat on. She does not live near enough to measure for the
poncho and am worried about sizes does anyone have a pattern?

If you have a printer you can run off a free custom pattern using "Wild
Things" on the Wild Ginger site http://www.wildginger.com/wildthings!/
You can download this program for free from their site. There's a poncho and
a circle cape among many other fun things.

All you'd need for plug in measurements is the finished length desired and
the width. Just have her hold her good arm straight out and measure from
wrist to center back and double that for your width measurement. On the
program the smallest finished length measurement is 10", finished width is
20". There would be no problem fitting her. Surely somebody could get these
two measurements for you. There's also patterns to make a matching hat and
lots of other goodies.
Val

Old October 10th 03, 05:50 AM
Valkyrie

Oooooooops, sorry Melinda, I didn't see your post before I shot mine off.

Sisterhood of Wild Ginger unite! LOL
Val

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...

Old October 10th 03, 08:46 AM

Valkyrie wrote:
Oooooooops, sorry Melinda, I didn't see your post before I shot mine off.

Sisterhood of Wild Ginger unite! LOL

Hey, the more the merrier.

Old October 10th 03, 05:25 PM
Cynthia Spilsted

Kwik Sew and Burda both had children's poncho patterns in them. I think
that Simplicity still has theirs, as well.
Cynthia

Old October 10th 03, 06:19 PM

Yes, but the wildginger.com Wild Things is free software that can be
downloaded NOW without even having to go to the store, and it has lots
of other wonderful goodies in it. That was why I suggested it as
opposed to a store pattern.

Old October 10th 03, 08:50 PM
joy beeson

On 9 Oct 2003 13:01:36 -0700,
(Louise) wrote:

I have a little girl who has asked me to make her a poncho as her has
had an operation on her arm and willl be in plater along time she
cannot get a coat on. She does not live near enough to measure for the
poncho and am worried about sizes does anyone have a pattern?

The only measurement you need for a poncho is neck
circumference. Just cut a neck-size hole in a square of
wool, make a slit in it so she can get it over her head
(Oops, you need head circumference too -- children can
require most amazingly-long slits) and finish up the hole by
your favorite neckline treatment. The hole should be
off-center so that the poncho is slightly longer in the
back. But that's a fine detail; when I had my arm in a
cast, my neighbor made me a bunch of ponchos with the hole
exactly centered, and I was grateful to have them. (I
couldn't wear blouses, either, so she made several ponchos
of light fabric and one of mock-wool.) And for a sick
child's coat, it might be well to design it to be put on
with any side to the front.

If the plater makes it hard to put on a pullover, you can
extend the slit to the edge of the piece and use whatever
closure you think she can handle.

I discussed poncho design in some detail at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson...T/ROUGH004.TXT

Joy Beeson
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/ -- needlework
http://home.earthlink.net/~beeson_n3f/ -- Writers' Exchange

ISO: Poncho Knit Pattern Debbie Hamann Needlework 10 September 23rd 04 09:01 PM
poncho pattern Hubbell's Needlework 1 August 24th 04 01:50 AM
A brandnew FREE downloadable Pattern Maker Pro crossstitch pattern !!! Misty Needlework 0 June 2nd 04 07:03 PM
I have a JoAnn's email coupon good for Dec. 6 only.... DeNise Hardy-Green Quilting 13 December 6th 03 05:50 PM
looking for a pattern SMark Quilting 0 August 8th 03 01:38 AM