oh my gosh - a great big HUG!

Old March 24th 04, 03:59 AM
Ann Adamson

Default oh my gosh - a great big HUG!

I could hardly believe it!

My family and I were just eating dinner, and the doorbell rang and my
son and I went to answer the door and there was just a box, presumably
left by the UPS guy.

I saw it was from Debbi in SoCal. We had been trying to meet up, but
our schedules weren't cooperating. Anyway, my first thought was
SQUISHY? Cool! But the box seemed a little big for a squishy!

So, I opened it up, and out came a B-E-A-yutiful HUG quilt! I am
speechless, amazed, dumbfounded! It is just gorgeous, and I can't
believe it -- what an amazing group this is!

I have been feeling so out of it - haven't been keeping up with the
group that much, and just trying to get life back to semi-normal. But
this gift just touches my heart!

I want you all to know that I am truely thankful, both for the HUG and
for all your support through my diagnosis and treatment! I can hardly
believe that all this has happened to me in the past year. My one year
"cancerversary" is coming up in May, if you can believe that. I feel
so lucky to have had the support of friends like you, near and far.

My littlest son and I have been OOHing and AAHing and pouring over the
blocks trying to pick our favorite ones. But there are NO favorites to
be had - they are all so special!

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!
Peace and blessings to you all!

Ann

P.S. And, here's just a little gentle reminder - don't forget that other
kind of SQUISH that you need to get regularly from your doctor!

It takes all three - mammogram (a.k.a the big SQUISH) + BSE + annual
breast examination by a doctor - to really be sufficiently monitoring
for breast cancer!

Old March 24th 04, 11:02 AM
Kate Dicey

Ann Adamson wrote:

[...]

It sounds wonderful! Do we get to see pix?

And thanks for the reminder! I'm very conscious of it at the moment, as
one friend has just finished her 5 year course of Tamoxifen, an aunt had
this disease, and my near neighbour has just has a recurrence after two
years...
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old March 24th 04, 12:59 PM
Musicmaker

I'm so happy for you. I KNOW that this hug will make a difference in your
life.

--
Cindy Bettinger;

http://photos.yahoo.com/cbet_99
http://www.one-eleven.net/~music/
http://simplymusic.net

Old March 24th 04, 12:59 PM
Pat in Virginia

Ann:
How exciting to read about your lovely surprise! Thanks for the
timely reminder about our health concerns. Sending you best
wishes for continued progress in your recovery. PAT in VA/USA
Old March 24th 04, 01:45 PM
Queen of Squishies

Ann, I'm so glad you have your Hug!! And what a determined Hug it is too!
After having been delayed by conflicting schedules, it hopped itself on a
brown truck, and now you have it. It's home!! Cuddle, snuggle, look, read,
and snuggle! We love you,

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old March 24th 04, 03:22 PM
Butterfly

And then the GRINNING begins
And does NOT let up : )
Butterfly (Still GRINNING and sleeping under it every night now until I'm
healed)
news

Old March 24th 04, 03:45 PM
Debbi

Ann,

So glad it arrived safe and sound. Snuggle up and enjoy!

Debbi in SO CA

Old March 25th 04, 01:28 PM
Louise

Ann,

If we couldn't get it to you in person, I'm glad The Truck was willing to
help out! And should be easy to pick out a favorite block -- just look for
one that has purple and green in it :-)

Here's hoping the next year will be a better one for you.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old March 25th 04, 02:19 PM
Patti

Hullo Ann
I'm so glad it reached you safely. I hope it will be a harbinger of
good health for you from now on. This must have been a dreadful year.
Now you have something to soften the memories, and help you to look
ahead positively.
So, although you might not have been here with us, we were with you in
spirit - working away at your Hug, most in our own small way but some
in a much larger way of course. As Butterfly said, hope it keeps you
grinning for many a moon.
..
In article , Ann Adamson
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 25th 04, 03:44 PM
Lizzy Taylor

Ann Adamson wrote:
I could hardly believe it!

Now you are to wrap yourself up in it and feel HUGGED! I'm glad it has
arrived safely.

Lizzy

--
Lizzy Taylor
Heywood, Lancashire, UK 53:36:00N 2:06:00E

Comm- great unmounteds LasImpPan Rubberstamps 0 February 25th 04 11:41 PM
great deals LasImpPan Rubberstamps 0 January 29th 04 04:05 PM
GREAT B-day gift!! Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 12 January 8th 04 02:55 AM
AD: Angel of Fire and other great new kits! Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 0 August 13th 03 04:53 AM