where are all the posts?

Old August 25th 03, 09:40 PM
Ron & Sandy Swain

Default where are all the posts?

I turned on the computer and see with dismay that there are only 3 posts
today-10 yesterday and only 6 the day before! I spoke to tech support and
asked about the paucity of posts and was told that their server had no
problem and that the problem would be in the newsgroup itself . What to do?
Anyone else with this problem? Sandy

Old August 25th 03, 09:50 PM
Meredith

This has been happening to lots of people lately, and is probably due to
the latest virus. Tech support was wrong, btw. I got home last night
from a 5 day trip and downloaded over 500 messages.

Meredith

Old August 26th 03, 10:52 PM
Pat Porter

My post reception is very up and down at present - same with emails. It`s
either feast or famine. The virus checker seems to be working overtime
too - to the extent that appears to have choked itself today, and had to be
reinstalled from scratch. Don`t ask me why, but some of it`s components
suddenly went missing (it said!).

Still, real life kept us more than busy today, so computer life had to take
a back seat for a bit.

Pat P

wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:40:48 GMT, "Ron & Sandy Swain"
wrote:

I turned on the computer and see with dismay that there are only 3 posts
today-10 yesterday and only 6 the day before! I spoke to tech support and
asked about the paucity of posts and was told that their server had no
problem and that the problem would be in the newsgroup itself . What to

do?
Anyone else with this problem? Sandy

I can only say, perhaps you could relay this and other similar posts
to your tech support, that apart from perhaps a slight decrease, due
probably to people on vacation etc, the number of posts has not
suffered a drop for me - but I see some other, a minority, of people
saying it has since SoBig hit.

Personally, I do not necessarily trust anything my ISP techs tell me.
I have had the advice that all I need to do to have trouble free
service is quit using a firewall, quit using Norton, quit using
MacAfee, you name it, they have suggested it. I am on cable access,
I don't think I am going to quit using a firewall anytime soon lol

Sheena