UK online TV series on textile art

Old October 22nd 09, 11:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

Default UK online TV series on textile art

http://www.countrychannel.tv/player....t=1&ids=296822

this looks interesting.
i'm still trying to get it working for me.
as i'm on dial up it might not work but i'm sure the rest of you can get it.
tho you might already get it on your PBS or cable tv channels.
enjoy!
j.

Old October 23rd 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

What a lovely site. I watched the embroidery lady and then had a look
around. The Story of Peggy Cole was recorded only a few miles from me,
in lovely Suffolk countryside, and the narrater is one of my local radio
broadcasters. I only watched a tiny bit as its past my bedtime as usual
- I hope it is still there tomorrow! We almost lived in that village,
but the call of the sea was stronger!

Thanks for finding this.

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sallyattheseaside/

Old October 23rd 09, 02:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

ack, i switched to using firefox and need another media player to see it.
so i'm off to download something that works.
this all takes forever cuz i'm on dial up.
i'll get there eventually...i hope.
j.

"Sally Swindells" wrote ...

Old October 23rd 09, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

Hi Jeanne, I watched the textile applications and enjoyed the lesson
and then I browsed through 'wildlife' - there is a segment on Owls so
naturally I watched that too. jennellh

http://www.countrychannel.tv/player....ountryChannel&....

Old October 23rd 09, 03:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

beats the hey ho outta me why but i cant seem to get it to even start
downloading.
i downloaded the video player from adobe that is supposed to work with
firefox.
i installed it, so i thot but the site still says it can find no video
player to use with firefox.
grrrrrrrr.
i hope others enjoy it cuz i have tried twice now to fix it and i'm stumped
what else to do.
j.

"Jennifer in Ottawa" wrote ...

Old October 23rd 09, 12:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Wow, I'll be spending a lot of time here!
Thanks!! You are the Searching Queen!
Roberta in D

Old October 23rd 09, 02:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

What a treasure! Thank you very much, Jeanne. That's just so beautiful.
Polly

Old October 23rd 09, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Hi Jeanne,
I'm using firefox 3.5.3 and had a few problems at the beginning because
the site wanted cookies enabled. Well, they were enabled but it couldn't
recognize that for some reason. So I selected "Keep until: ask every
time" under cookie options and then manually accepted the cookies.

I didn't get any error messages about a video player and it looks like
it will play in a corner of the web page. FWIW, when I right click on
the video box it says "silverlight". I checked under my plugins for
firefox and I have this one installed. So maybe that would work for you.

Good luck!

Allison