Some nice sites

Old April 13th 04, 09:22 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Default Some nice sites

Bead embroidery tutorial, good for the newbies and not so newbies:

http://www.chateauwhite.com/jenny/bead/tbead.htm

Beaded quilts:

http://www.quiltart.com/andi.html

Primitive inspiration:

http://www.antoranz.net/ART/PFEIFFER/PAC_ART/600/05.htm

Sculpture inspired by beads:

http://www.janetgoldner.com/public/pub4.html
--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
http://www.galleryvittoria.com

Old April 13th 04, 11:47 AM
AmazeR

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:22:07 +1200, Marisa Cappetta wrote:

Bead embroidery tutorial, good for the newbies and not so newbies:

http://www.chateauwhite.com/jenny/bead/tbead.htm

Bookmarked this.. thanks, Marisa.

snip

Sculpture inspired by beads:

http://www.janetgoldner.com/public/pub4.html

Loved this site.. public sculpture with a difference..

Thank, Marisa

Old April 13th 04, 05:33 PM
Valerie

Bead embroidery tutorial, good for the newbies and not so newbies:

http://www.chateauwhite.com/jenny/bead/tbead.htm

Ooo thanks! It's nice to know that I actually have been doing this right. ;-) I
have an ongoing project of bead embroidering a pair of jeans with an aquatic
theme. It looks like it will take longer than I expected...and now I'm thinking
that I want it COVERED in beads instead of just here and there. I want to
somehow figure out a way to make water surround everything without it looking
bad.
The bad thing: Since starting these jeans I've lost 30lbs and they don't fit
anymore! Haw! Doesn't that *suck*?!?! I guess before I get too far along I'll
need to take them in. But the whole point of the project wasn't really to wear
them, just to do it.
http://www.valeriebeads.com
RCB FAQ: http://www.valeriebeads.com/FAQ.html
Check out my site for the RCB Member Links! E-mail me for details on
submission!

Old April 13th 04, 06:43 PM
Shirley Shone

I have just done some beaded embroidery. A lady from the RCTN group set
a challenge sometime ago. The challenge was to see how many versions of
embroidery she could get using just one design. I did mine in beadwork.
I will post the URL later but all the pictures are not up yet.

I will send a picture of it to Marisa and maybe she will put it on her
site.
Shirley

In article , Marisa Cappetta
writes

Old April 13th 04, 07:35 PM
roxan

The bead embroidery tutorial is nice but this wouldn't work for me since I
never have a design on paper before working out what I want to do. I start
with a focal stone or bead and let the piece and colors tell me where they
want to go. But for those just starting out this is a good way to start to
learn.
Roxan

Old April 13th 04, 08:40 PM
Marisa Cappetta

I know a way you can turn them into a skirt, with a bit of waistband
adjustment, they may fit you then.

Old April 13th 04, 08:54 PM
Dr. Sooz

have an ongoing project of bead embroidering a pair of jeans with an aquatic
theme. It looks like it will take longer than I expected...and now I'm
thinking
that I want it COVERED in beads instead of just here and there. I want to
somehow figure out a way to make water surround everything without it looking
bad.
The bad thing: Since starting these jeans I've lost 30lbs and they don't fit
anymore! Haw! Doesn't that *suck*?!?!

WOW! Go, Valerie, go! That happened to me back when I was a hippie. I
covered a pair of jeans in velvet patches and embroidery. Then I got skinny.

My first ex-husband now has them, and has for over 30 years. He doesn't
deserve them, either. Damn! I wish I hadn't felt guilty about leaving him,
and let him keep them!
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old April 13th 04, 08:55 PM
Dr. Sooz

I have just done some beaded embroidery. A lady from the RCTN group set
a challenge sometime ago. The challenge was to see how many versions of
embroidery she could get using just one design. I did mine in beadwork.
I will post the URL later but all the pictures are not up yet.

I will send a picture of it to Marisa and maybe she will put it on her
site.

Yay, eager to see, Shirl. :-D
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old April 13th 04, 09:21 PM
Valerie

It doesn't suck, not even a little bit. :-) Congratulations!

Kathy N-V, who found the 30 lbs that Valerie lost

LOL! You are right. The weight loss doesn't suck, but not being able to wear
them once I've finished does. :-) I'm sure I can alter them though with a bit
of trying, that or wear a belt (I never wear belts).

Valerie
PS Kathy...from what I'm hearing about your PT you'll be losing that weight
again. Even if you don't actually lose the pounds you'll make up for it in
muscle which usually means you drop sizes, just not weight.

Old April 13th 04, 09:23 PM
Valerie

I know a way you can turn them into a skirt, with a bit of waistband
adjustment, they may fit you then.

Thanks for the offer. I'm figuring that I can make some kind of adjustment and
take the waist and some of the leg in, or keep them as is and wear a belt.
I don't know much about sewing, but I make do with the basics. Even though I
don't know stitches I can get pretty creative. And any messed up stitches that
I do make I can always cover with some more beads. :-)

Valerie

Nice hearts Christina Peterson Beads 3 March 24th 04 11:24 PM
AD Nice Optical Furnace closing in a few hours. Jim Moore Beads 1 March 20th 04 10:09 PM
These are nice...eyecandy, alert. Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 2 January 15th 04 02:01 AM
Bead and jewelery sites Marisa Cappetta Beads 4 November 7th 03 06:18 PM
Nice end-caps Kalera Stratton Beads 0 October 4th 03 06:28 PM