what is your favourite type & brand of knitting needle?

Old November 10th 03, 02:46 AM
Linda D.

Thanks Pam, as a matter of fact one of the circular needles I
bought is a Susan Bates Quicksilver because the first store I went to
didn't have Aero's, so at least now I can compare the Aero's and the
Quicksilvers. Somehow, I have a funny feeling I won't notice a
difference between the two, but one never knows ))

take care, Linda

On 10 Nov 2003 00:50:19 GMT, (Knitterbugs) wrote:

Hi Linda;

I don't use circular needles, but my favorite knitting needles also come in
circular, so I thought I'd put in my 2 cents also. My favorite knitting
needles are Quick Silvers from Susan Bates.

~Pam

Knitterbugs
http://members.aol.com/knitterbugs

Hi everyone,

I recently bought four different sizes of circular needles,
and was quite amazed there were at least three different brands and
prices to choose from. I bought the Aero needles, as they are very
reasonably priced, and have been satisfied with Aero for years. The
yarn shop also had Susan Bates, and Turbo (I think that's the name).
The Turbo needles were more than triple the price of the Aero, but the
asst. store manager said they are wonderful to knit with. Have any of
you used them? Are they really that good?

take care, Linda

Vancouver Island, bc.ca (remove 'nospam' to reply)
See samples of my work at: www.members.shaw.ca/deugau

Old November 10th 03, 07:10 AM
Jaime

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 14:05:48 -0800, Ranee Mueller
wrote:

I _LOVE_ Addi Turbos. If I could afford them, that's all I would
have of circular needles. I think the Susan Bates are a good substitute
if you can't get/afford the Addis.

I have a pair of Susan Bates needles and just love them.

Old November 10th 03, 02:48 PM
Kirsten Procter

In article .rogers.com,
Angelicsong wrote:
Hi Linda,

I like plastic needles because they are easier on the hands, at least for me
they are and I've found that the Aero are my favourite.

I thought I was the only one! I tend to like the type that a British
department store called John Lewis sell, but that's only because I can get
them easily, and I like having sets of needles.

OTOH, I really like using old row counters (well, I use second
hand needles, too). Somehow, it appeals to my sense of tradition, even if
they are plastic

--
Kirsten Procter ghoti
Current projects; full-length dress with matching jacket, child's jumper,

Old November 11th 03, 03:11 PM
Sunita

Karen,

I love those Inox needles! They are really comfortable and they just
fly. Also, they cost next to nothing. I only have one pair but I'm
getting more.

BTW, they are Teflon-coated aluminum.

I really agree that different yarns call for different needles. I use
Addi for most things long or circular in standard wool or cotton yarn,
but for novelty yarn I like the grip of the bamboo. And for some
yarn, my Denise needles work best because they flex.

Sunita

I saw another kind recently that I really liked for certain yarns. They are
also made by Inox, but the material isn't bamboo, and it isn't the turbo
material. They're gray, not shiny, and I can't tell what they're made of,
and oddly enough, it doesn't say on the package. Whatever they are, they're
a nice middle ground between the Turbos and the bamboos.

Karen in MN

Old November 11th 03, 03:32 PM
Karen

Thanks for that info! I wish I saw more of them around here, did they just
come out? The teflon-coating makes sense -- they have just the right
amount of "grab" for some of the semi-slippery yarns, but not too much.

I have been working almost exclusively on circulars, and the other day
started a sweater on long straight needles because they were the only
needles I had in that certain size. Did that ever feel strange after using
circs for so long! I felt like I was knitting with two trees.

Karen in MN

om...

Old November 11th 03, 08:16 PM
MaryR

Addi Turbo and Crystal Palace for circular (depends on the
yarn) and Brysprun or Crystal Palace straights.

MaryR

Old November 11th 03, 09:12 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Pam,

All my straight needles are quick silver too.

Hugs,

Nora