World's Biggest Quilt (or Hexagons Gone Wild!)

Old October 1st 10, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX

Default World's Biggest Quilt (or Hexagons Gone Wild!)

I vaguely remember someone mentioning this quilt, while it was still in
progress. It was completed in May, but this is the first time I ran
across the final info/pictures.

This one has several links (I don't know anything about this particular
website other than that it is part of the 10/2010 FabshopHop) ...

http://www.paperpieces.com/contents/en-us/d32.html

This is one of the links on that page, on which the quilt's final
dimensions, weight, etc are mentioned ...

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art8971.asp
--
Bev in TX
Old October 2nd 10, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies[_2_]

On 10/1/10 11:34 AM, Bev in TX wrote:
I vaguely remember someone mentioning this quilt, while it was still in
progress. It was completed in May, but this is the first time I ran
across the final info/pictures.

This one has several links (I don't know anything about this particular
website other than that it is part of the 10/2010 FabshopHop) ...

http://www.paperpieces.com/contents/en-us/d32.html

This is one of the links on that page, on which the quilt's final
dimensions, weight, etc are mentioned ...

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art8971.asp

Oh. My. And they are going to cut it up for finishing and donate the
quilts to local facilities. How wonderful!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
Old October 2nd 10, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

I apologize for not recalling the details, but isn't the world's
largest quilt something to do with an AIDS awareness/remembrance?

Old October 2nd 10, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

Yes, I just image googled "aids quilt". Can't imagine anything
larger, or why anyone would want to diminish it(?)

On Oct 2, 11:38*am, "Dr. Zachary Smith"
wrote:
I apologize for not recalling the details, but isn't the world's
largest quilt something to do with an AIDS awareness/remembrance?

On Oct 1, 12:34*pm, Bev in TX wrote:

I vaguely remember someone mentioning this quilt, while it was still in
progress. *It was completed in May, but this is the first time I ran
across the final info/pictures.

This one has several links (I don't know anything about this particular
website other than that it is part of the 10/2010 FabshopHop) ...

http://www.paperpieces.com/contents/en-us/d32.html

This is one of the links on that page, on which the quilt's final
dimensions, weight, etc are mentioned ...

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art8971.asp
--
Bev in TX- Hide quoted text -

Old October 3rd 10, 02:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX

Default World's Biggest HEXIAGON Quilt (or Hexagons Gone Wild!)

In my weariness, I missed adding an important word in the subject line.
I'm sorry, but I'm rather tired from lack of sleep due to an illness.
I've corrected it above.

With that said, the Aids Memorial Quilt is many disconnected pieces.
That does not detract from that project in any which way, as there is no
doubt that its size is absolutely amazing. Each quilt "block" is
separate from other quilt blocks and each is 12'x 12' or 144 sq. ft. See:
http://www.aidsquilt.org/quiltfacts.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAMES_P...Memorial_Quilt

There is a North Dakota Historical quilt that covers 11,390 sq. ft.:
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2151
That quilt is not displayed and sits folded up in a trailer.

Finally, to put things into perspective, the hexagon quilt is ~2,559 sq.
ft. -- a great accomplishment.

Again, I'm sorry for any confusion that I caused.

--
Bev in TX
Old October 3rd 10, 05:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

separate from other quilt blocks and each is 12'x 12' or 144 sq. ft. *See:http://www.aidsquilt.org/quiltfacts....Memorial_Quilt

There is a North Dakota Historical quilt that covers 11,390 sq. ft.:http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2151
That quilt is not displayed and sits folded up in a trailer.

Finally, to put things into perspective, the hexagon quilt is ~2,559 sq.
ft. -- a great accomplishment.

Again, I'm sorry for any confusion that I caused.

--
Bev in TX

Relax Bev - we all make mistakes, erasers on pencils, and all that.
I may have even made one once myself. 8^P
Thanks for the clarification and add'l info.

Doc (Who is a firm believer in fixing the problem - not the blame)

Hanging Wild Quilt Joan Quilting 0 November 1st 04 07:42 PM
World quilt help Shona in NZ Quilting 101 June 4th 04 10:36 AM
AD: Wild Colors, Wild Shapes Karen_AZ Beads 7 April 14th 04 09:28 PM
wild cats quilt pics Chipper Quilting 26 November 17th 03 05:20 PM
S.E.X. in the wild, wild west Queen of Squishies Quilting 4 July 22nd 03 09:12 PM