Christmas rag quilt finished!

Old September 28th 10, 09:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

Default Christmas rag quilt finished!

I just finished a 5'6" by 7'6" rag quilt in red, green and a multi
teddy bear fabric. For the back, I had a red/green/white fabric with
a very small overall pattern of strawberries and used that for the
back of each block. I will take it to the laundromat tomorrow and run
it through the oversized washer and dryer twice, show it to my sister
this weekend, and then mail it to my niece in Colorado next week.
Niece has gone through a nasty divorce, but has a good job and the two
children in a fairly nice apartment. However, she has very little
discretionary income and almost nothing in the way of Christmas
decorations, so a Christmas rag quilt may help a bit. I made a rag
quilt since they are so quick, and I know she really likes them. It
will also help in that it is sturdy and will go through the laundry
very easily if something gets spilled on it or if the dog decides to
adopt it for a napping place. I really hope she likes it!
Old September 28th 10, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

I'm sure she will, Mary. That is so thoughtful.
..
In message
,
Mary writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old September 29th 10, 12:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Irondale

This quilt is coming straight from your heart, Mary. I'm
sure
she'll treasure this quilt forever.

Donna
in WA