Don't let me on ebay anymore - too much yarn to tempt me!

Old November 10th 03, 05:53 PM
Elsa

Default Don't let me on ebay anymore - too much yarn to tempt me!

Went on ebay on Sunday morning.... and I am now richer by 6500 yards of laceweight wool yarn.
Do not even have a project in mind. Have not ever knit in laceweight. The colors just drew
me in... reminds me of the scene in A Bug's Story where the bugs are drawn in by the light...
and get zapped. :-D

So my stash is now growing exponentially. So much for keeping up with my yarn.

_Elsa

Old November 10th 03, 06:24 PM
news.sonic.net

I know the feeling! I just bid on 3 more lots of yarn last night.
I have an entire linen closet full of yarn that I haven't used, I'm
expecting a delivery today, and maybe by the end of the week, I'll have won
more.
There sure are some gorgeous yarns up for auction there though.
Kelly

Old November 10th 03, 07:10 PM
Elsa

I have to tell myself that there will always be more yarn... but I usually succumb
to greed and the joy of acquistion. I bid on another 2 lots of yarn. I have
been outbid on one lot, and I must admit I am somewhat relieved... though I now
have my eye on some lovely alpaca yarn... Must be strong, must not surrender! :-D

I am such a yarn addict.

_Elsa

Old November 10th 03, 07:17 PM
news.sonic.net

I think that must be it - the joy of acquisition. I think I'll have to
actually use some of it before I get more. Too much more and DH may notice
it.
Project Linus - here I come. I'll allow myself to start bidding again after
I make them 3 blankets.
Kelly

Old November 10th 03, 07:31 PM
Agres

Just remember that there is no real SEX on eBay. No torching, no feeling,
and no smelling before buying. No afternoon in the City afterwards. ... No
lunch in town with friends.....No viewing the Macy's Christmas Window
Decorations. No stroll through the new exibit at the Art Museam.

AAAHHHHOOOWWWW, after adding in the shipping, STASH from eBay may not be
inexpensive.

On the other hand; the other day I bid for a bunch of Lopi in a color that I
would never-ever have picked up, and certainly never have purchased in a
yarn store. I won at a ridiculously low price. Then I found out that once
the yarn is knitted up, it produces a really lovely effect. And, of course
no LYS carries this color. And, of course even after shipping costs, the
price was half what the local LYS gets for any color of real Lopi.

(Long story, but my Dad wants real handknit Lopi socks for Christmas. The
way their household works that means a couple of pair for Mom too! I
figure I might as well ship 3 pair each. With all those soft fuzzy socks on
the drying rack, my wife wants some too.)

Bottom line: I went back to eBay for more Lopi. Alas, now, I too have
pounds of wool wending its way though the PO to me (I hope!) (Mmm, there
may be enough for a sweater or two and socks for me g)

Good thing Lopi knits fast! I would not have time to finish anything in
laceweight before Christmas.

Aaron

Old November 10th 03, 09:38 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Aaron,

Boy, am I ever glad I don't know that much about ebay. LOL. I'll stick to my
LYS and Walmarts.

Nora
Old November 11th 03, 01:28 AM
JJMolvik

I'm with you, Nora!

JJMolvik

Old November 11th 03, 07:55 AM
Kirsten Procter

In article ,
Agres wrote:
Just remember that there is no real SEX on eBay.

I bought my first ebay purchase recently; 150g of mohair and 200g of
something which looked black, sparkly and soft, but is in actuual fact
*very* soft, and slightly variegated rathe than black.

The thrill of arriving home from holiday to find this package... well,
you can imagine

--
Kirsten Procter ghoti
Current projects; full-length dress with matching jacket, child's jumper

Old November 11th 03, 03:46 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi JJ,

Just went to Walmarts yesterday and added four more skeins of Holly and Ivy to
my stash.

Hugs,

Nora

ISO Yarn Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 12 September 25th 04 02:19 PM
Your recent report to eBay's Trust and Safety Department . Marissa Vignali Quilting 0 October 27th 03 07:39 PM
stinky yarn Laurie Yarn 54 August 15th 03 04:12 PM
AD and question: Lampwork on ebay and justbeads Tink Beads 0 July 1st 03 04:29 AM