OT - Cat peeing...

Old August 23rd 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

Default OT - Cat peeing...

On Aug 22, 3:50 pm, Sunny wrote:
Jo, quick... take both cats to the vet. This kind of peeing is very
often a symptom of urinary tract infection. It hurts to pee, so they
think it's the box. They look for something soft and comforting to pee
on and usually find a nice piece of clothing. It hurts again, so they
change pee spots again. Please take your kitties to the vet. It may
require a dietary change, too. They make food specifically to keep
kitties from getting UTI. My sister feeds it to her kitties all the
time.

Hope you get relief and so do they.

Sunny

Exactly! I just wanted to add, the only time my cats ever urinated in
an
inappropriate place, it was a UTI. It's a classic symptom.

Sherry

Old August 23rd 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Debra wrote:

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 05:59:28 +0100, Johanna Gibson
wrote:

Hello folks,
About 2 days ago, I put reflective collars on Daisy and Poppy,
because I am having a roommate for 4 weeks and I'm afraid that one of
them will slip out the door when she is coming and going.
Well, I never knew how easy I had it when I had one cat. One of the
cats peed on my red backpack straight away. Then did it again
yesterday, along with peeing on a pile of my fresh laundry. I haven't
found it anywhere else, and I don't know which cat did it.
So how do I stop this behaviour? The cat seems to target things
that are obviously mine and smell like me. I really want to figure
this out before my roommate arrives on Monday. Just now they are
banned from being in my room or the living room unless I am home and
I'm with them.

-- Jo in Scotland

Remove the collars.

If you have changed food or litter recently, go back to your old
brand.

Have the cats checked for urinary infections as a cat will start doing
that if it gets one. snipped ...........

Take the collars off first. If that's the problem, you should know
within a day and save the expense of a vet visit -- assuming, of course,
that the kitties are not displaying any other unusual behaviour that
might suggest one of them is not well.
Just to show how *any* change can lead to potty problems, here's a
recent happening in my house. We have always sprayed both litter boxes
with Lysol spray every day after we scoop the litter boxes. Well, a
month or so ago, DH (he cleans the cat boxes) couldn't find any Lysol at
the store so -- unbeknownst to me -- he bought the store brand. Next
day Reno Black Cat started to poop on the floor every day and pee every
few days. This went on for at least a week and I had NO idea why she
would start doing this so suddenly. She had just been to the vet so I
KNEW she wasn't sick.
Anyway, DH goes away on business and I am cleaning the cat box. I
look for the Lysol and can't find any -- just some strange store brand
air deodorizer. I didn't bother with the strange stuff and when I
talked with DH that evening, I asked him if he had been using the other
stuff and he said yes, and for about as long as Reno had been
misbehaving. I told him to stop at a different store on his way home
from the airport that afternoon and to only come home if he had at least
one can of Lysol. He came home with the Lysol, sprayed the litter box
and there have been NO accidents ever since!
Long story short -- most likely, your babies are not used to the
collars and are letting you know this. My babies all wear collars but I
started them off slowly -- put the collar on for about 30 minutes a day
and then gradually increased that time until they were used to them.
Anyway -- keep us posted, OK? I REALLY hope it's the collars!!
CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary