Festival of Quilts

Old August 22nd 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default Festival of Quilts

Howdy!

Lovely!

R/S

On 8/21/07 2:26 PM, in article , "Patti"
wrote:

I forgot to say - just for you g that two of the special exhibitions
were by hand quilters. One lady is continuing the tradition of the
north east of England, round Durham. The other lady is Sandie Lush
whose work you might have seen at Paducah and/or Houston. Her
exhibition was mostly the wall hangings she has made which mimic knitted
garments. her cricket pullovers - with cable stitch, ribbing, and other
fancy stitches were there - all done with quilting!
.

In message , Sandy Ellison
writes
Howdy!

Great, Patti! Thanks for the report.

Old August 22nd 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Well, you both, obviously, have good taste! G

Heide Stoll-Weber:
http://www.freespiritfabric.com/core....php?des_id=10

Clicking on the Explore section yields many gorgeous, free patterns
from Free Spirit designers.

Looked at your new patterns, too, Pat: cuuuuuute!
http://www.critterpat.com/

R/Sandy

On 8/22/07 5:51 AM, in article , "Roberta Zollner"
wrote:

Ooh, Heidi Stoll! Now that's something I CAN get at the LQS! Not a cheap
thrill though. Confession: bought a piece about 4 years ago and it's still
too pretty to cut!
Roberta in D

"Patti" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
W e e e l l l l l l!

All I wanted when I got there was 1.2m of a Hoffman ombre to make into a
shaded background wholecloth. I found the stand I bought some from before
and found one that would be perfect. Satisfied, I went round the
professional exhibitions and met some acquaintances along the way.
However, on my second day, I did a few purposeful visits first (to folk I
had missed the previous day!) and then set off to look at the Open class
quilts. Going round a corner, on my way, I 'bumped into' a stand called
Critter Patterns. Whew! I don't really 'do' patterns, as I love
designing so much; but, there were cats, and there were rabbits, and
elephants, horses, lions and more cats ... g I only bought 4,
honest!!!! Then, still on my way, I passed a stand with the most amazing
hand dyed fabric I have ever seen (it was the silkiest cotton sateen I
have ever felt and the colours were out of this world). I later learned
it was famous - Heidi Stoll. I did have a little splurge with two packets
of graded fabrics: pink/blue pastel and deep turquoise/green. Just before
going home I bought a replacement large cutting ruler.
So, I really felt I had done the show justice by the time I crawled into
the bus back to the guesthouse g

Thanks so much for finding the link Sandy. I came back to the computer
just now to try to find something for Kate (I hadn't time before dinner).
The show only finished on Sunday, so they might take a while to get them
all sorted out.

Still have a couple of small shows before the end of the year. The
season's expanding g

Sandy
--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old August 22nd 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Patti wrote:

Oh, that's reassuring. Thanks Sandy.

You're welcome!

I bought: rabbits and hares, big cats (lions, tigers etc), dolphins and
cat faces (just head and shoulder cats). I have a plan for the
dolphins; but the others will just hang around until I have finished
some of my list gg
But - I just couldn't pass them by, and I'm not usually like that!!

LOL! But we all are at one time or another, right?

Your doggie quilt is just beautiful. Thanks for thinking of it! I'm
glad you said you adapted some of the patterns - I will have to make
some of the bunnies have lop ears!!!

Oh yes! That should be easy enough to do, and it would make the quilt so
much more personal for you!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 22nd 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Smile!!
I think I'm going to have fun with all those little critters g
Fun is good!
..

Old August 22nd 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Sandy wrote:
In article ,
Sally Swindells wrote:

Have you tried your turntable mat yet, Sally?

Have unwrapped the tuntable,

Okay -- which turntable mat did you get, Sally?

Its the Olfa 12" one. I have a 10% off card from Creative Grids who had
a stand at the show. I almost forgot to ask for my 10% off but
remembered just in time. I was doubly pleased because their postage
charge on mail order is very cheap except for mats, so saved myself
money there too.

I have some anti-slip stuff to put under it too - Pat originally had
trouble with her mat slipping.

Visitors have now left, we have made our duty trips to see relatives and
September looks like a reasonably unstressful month, so it is about to
get a lot of use! I was going to make DH's aunt a cushion for her 100th
birthday in April, like I made for her elder sister 8 years ago. However
I noticed today that she doesn't use them as her chairs are not
cushionable. So it looks like another quilt is possible. May use up some
of the wildlife fabric as I have enough for 2 quilts, I'm sure. So one
for a new born and one for a 100 year old!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old August 22nd 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Polly Esther wrote:
Ah me. I would love to see the quilting that does knitting stitches.
Brilliantly creative. And, since 'people watching' is just one of my
favorite things, it would have been such fun to be watching as they shoveled
all of you worn and happy quilters into a bus. Yes. That must have been a
sight. Polly

We should have had a bus. DH used the Sat Nav to get back to DD's house.
When it said take the second exit off the roundabout he took the first
and we headed for Birmingham City Centre! I think he was tired too!

The 'lady in the sky' was shouting "turn around when possible" at him
and did get him to his destination safely in the end!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old August 22nd 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I love those navigation systems. I have one on my cell phone I use every so
often. It's nice!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi