New to polyclay( sort of ) so this is an intro

Old December 31st 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Dicon

Default New to polyclay( sort of ) so this is an intro

I am trying my hand at making jewellery in polyclay, Fimo to be exact, with
a view to sell my own designs the coming year at "Craft Shows" and Craft
Markets in the U.K.
I am a sixty three year old graphic designer and "crafter" and have
experimented with Fimo in the past, but now,as my circumstances seem to be
changing, and at Craft Shows, jewellery sells better than my wooden stuff,
I have decided that a new direction is called for.
I will keep posting here for advice and tips( if that's OK with you all?

Oh and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

--
Jackdaw, collector of facts, trivia and bright twinkly things
Visit my site at www.jackdaw-crafts.co.uk

Old January 1st 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
nanner

happy new year!

good luck with your claying, do you have any pictures of your work online
yet?

Visit my site at www.jackdaw-crafts.co.uk

Old January 1st 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
annwidner

Hi! I'm new to polymer clay, as well. I'm attempting to make photo
transfer jewelry with Premo Sculpey. I tried using Lazertran Silk to
transfer my photos to the polymer clay before it is baked, but I got
gaps and cracks in the images. So now I'm just making the "beads" out
of the clay and transferring the images with Lazertran Inkjet after the
clay is baked. I hope to take a polymer clay class soon and learn
more! Polymer clay is a great medium, and I'm looking forward to
bettering my technique in the New Year! Happy 2007 to everyone!

~ Ann

Visit my site at www.jackdaw-crafts.co.uk

Old January 2nd 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Sarajane Helm

Jackdaw, how nice to see you! Whatcher been up to, and what are you going to
be making?
happy new year to you to!
Sarajane

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

See the progress at "Pieces"
http://www.polyclay.com/store.htm

Visit my site at www.jackdaw-crafts.co.uk

Old January 8th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Dicon

"Sarajane Helm" wrote in message
. ..
Jackdaw, how nice to see you! Whatcher been up to, and what are you going
be making?
happy new year to you to!
Sarajane

If you visit my site www.jackdaw-crafts.co.uk you will sea a lot of old
stuff that has now been mostly sold. I really must get rid of the sold and
add new. My life style has to change as the result of partners illness.
Trips with large stuff to fairs will soon be a thing of the past. Jewellery
can be sent to galleries in the post. I am doing well at galleries, far more
than we ever did at the shows. Also, there is so much that can be done with
polyclay that my interest have been re-kindled.I was getting bored with
doing the same old wooden things, I like a challenge!
Nice to hear from you.
Dicon

Old January 24th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
rubysransom

Dear Ann,

Don't give up on the transfers before baking. They have to sit at
least 30 minutes before putting them in the water and the clay must be
soft and smooth. Of course in some instances, I deliberately make the
clay crackled over the transfer to achieve an old looking piece. Check
out my site at www.rubysransom.com and you can see some of the work
I've done with transfers. Good luck to you in 2007!

Ruby

Dicon wrote:
I am trying my hand at making jewellery in polyclay, Fimo to be exact, with
a view to sell my own designs the coming year at "Craft Shows" and Craft
Markets in the U.K.
I am a sixty three year old graphic designer and "crafter" and have
experimented with Fimo in the past, but now,as my circumstances seem to be
changing, and at Craft Shows, jewellery sells better than my wooden stuff,
I have decided that a new direction is called for.
I will keep posting here for advice and tips( if that's OK with you all?

Oh and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

--
Jackdaw, collector of facts, trivia and bright twinkly things
Visit my site atwww.jackdaw-crafts.co.uk

Two questions from polyclay newbie :) [email protected] Polymer Clay 7 December 27th 05 07:33 PM
OT sort of...acid free paper Maureen Miller Needlework 5 January 19th 05 12:13 AM
sort of a newbie with a question Jean Early Yarn 27 May 19th 04 11:42 PM
Sort of new here Pam Yarn 8 February 20th 04 01:20 PM
Sort of OT, ad kinda - update on website, including Bead Notes Kandice Seeber Beads 25 July 17th 03 01:09 AM