"A Crewel World" by Monica Ferris

Old January 20th 04, 06:42 PM
sunflower

Default "A Crewel World" by Monica Ferris

I have been interested in reading Monica's series ever since I first joined
RCTN -(after hearing such wonderful things about her work here).

I was browsing the paperback section of my library today and wow! Three of
Monica's books were there! A Crewel World, Unraveled Sleeve and A Stitch In
Time.

I started "A Crewel World" first since it's the start of the series. I'm on
Chapter 4 and I'm hooked! What a great book!

Thanks RCTN for letting everyone know about this wonderful author! And
thanks Monica for writing such good books.

Sunflower

Old January 21st 04, 06:12 AM
MuRuLin

I just finished reading 7 of the books. Found them all in paperback at my
local library. Enjoyed them very much.
Old January 21st 04, 08:28 PM
Ruthie

sunflower wrote:
I have been interested in reading Monica's series ever since I first joined
RCTN

The opposite here - I joined RCTN after reading her books! and now I'm
hooked on needlework.

All your fault, MM!

I haven't found the new one yet, but I'm looking. But I have to stay
away from bookstores for a while - just overdrew my checking account at
my LNS!!

Shocking, isn't it? g

Ruthie in Colorado

Old January 22nd 04, 12:04 AM
MaryPulver

You're welcome.

Mary Monica
aka Monica Ferris

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, nobody knows what
they are. -Somerset Maugham
Old January 22nd 04, 03:16 PM
Stitchy Kitty Designs

I'm about halfway through "A Crewel World" myself, I picked it up
after hearing about her books here on RCTN!

I'm curious, has anyone stitched any of the designs that are included
in her books? And if so, do you have any pics we can see?

Michelle
Stitchy Kitty
http://www.stitchykitty.com
Old January 23rd 04, 03:55 AM
mole

(Stitchy Kitty Designs) wrote in message . com...
I'm about halfway through "A Crewel World" myself, I picked it up
after hearing about her books here on RCTN!

I'm curious, has anyone stitched any of the designs that are included
in her books? And if so, do you have any pics we can see?

Michelle
Stitchy Kitty
http://www.stitchykitty.com

i have stitched all of the designs in the books. Unfortunately, I have
no way of posting pictures. For the most part, they are easy to follow
and work up quickly. The exception is the design in A Murderous Yarn.
It works better if you take the pattern and blow it up 200%. The
counting is trickier than it looks and the symbols can get confusing.
I recommend that you work it on black. It's a bit more difficult, but
the result is well worth it. If you are interested, my LNS has kits
sof all the projects for sale. Just drop me an e-mail and I;ll give
you the particulars. Judi
Old January 23rd 04, 01:40 PM
PaulaB

(Stitchy Kitty Designs) wrote in message . com...
I'm about halfway through "A Crewel World" myself, I picked it up
after hearing about her books here on RCTN!

I'm curious, has anyone stitched any of the designs that are included
in her books? And if so, do you have any pics we can see?

Michelle
Stitchy Kitty
http://www.stitchykitty.com

If you go to Mary Monica's website http://monica-ferris.com/ she has
some interesting pictures there! I hope she doesn't mind me sharing
the URL...I love checking in to see what's new and I really enjoyed
the pictures the last time I was there. Paula B.
Old January 23rd 04, 08:53 PM
Stitchy Kitty Designs

Thanks for the info, Judi! I'm looking to stitch any of them right
now, I was just curious how the designs looked when completed. :-)

Paula, thanks so much for the link to the pics! Very nice designs, I
especially like the spider and the horse. That sure is an interesting
hat Mary is wearing! :-)

Michelle
Stitchy Kitty