Update on DH, etc.

Old April 12th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Update on DH, etc.

To Everyone
Sorry to not have contacted anyone lately. Several of you have inquired
privately as to our situation and I just must apologize for not getting
around to answering you, but sincerely appreciate your concern. Needless to
say, it has been a stressful 2 months and still many more to follow. DH
has been having many blood tests the last week in hopes of stabilizing some
of his blood levels. Some were near critical and the doctors are keeping
close watch on them.
Currently he is in the pre-transplant stage at Northwestern Memorial in
Chicago. We had gone there last week. I drove. Miracle!! I got us there
and back without a hitch. Traffic was "packed" to say the least. But I
studied maps ahead of time and didn't do too badly, if I must say so myself.
It had been 13yrs since I had made the drive into Chicago and at that time,
I had been side-swiped - not my fault either, I might add. Hence the
reluctance at trying it prior to this.
Anyhow, DH goes back to Northwestern for another appointment at the end
of May, provided nothing further happens with his blood work between now and
then. It's been touch and go for the last week, and he hasn't had any more
of the "attacks" to have him rushed to the hospital again. (Thank
goodness.) He is still very weak and not able to do too much of anything,
but that is customary with liver failure.
In between doctor and hospital trips, I'm still trying to work on my
DDIL t-shirt quilt. One friend has seen the top in its near completion
stage and she raved about how great it looks. I thought it looked rather
jumbled, fabric wise. But then, as she said it is a memory quilt in which
all of you that had sent squishies will be included. So you see, I couldn't
have done it without you.
Hope each and everyone of you have a wonderful, blessed Easter or
whatever holiday you would be celebrating, if any, at this time.
Good wishes and thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers in the past and
hoping you can still spare a few more for us.

Also, sending you greetings for the season. Click the link:
http://www.lutheransonline.com/servl...10237770354036
Thank you again for being such a caring group. You are really super
special.
Happy quilting to everyone. --
Marlys in Indiana

http://community.webshots.com/user/marletts

Old April 12th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Continuing prayers for your DH's health. Don't worry if you can't write
often, we love y'all anyway.
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

Old April 12th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Marlys in Indiana wrote:

[...]

I'm still keeping you and your DH in my thoughts. This is such a hard
time for you. I know it's mad to say it, but do *try* to relax over the
holiday: do a little something together every day, and just enjoy each
other's company, even if all you do it sit holding hands and watching
the clouds.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old April 12th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks so much for taking the time to get us up to speed with all your
concerns, Marlys.
It must be a very trying time for both of you - your DH to endure and
you to worry. Let's hope that the wait until end of May passes calmly
and that the inevitable wait for the transplant is miraculously short.
Take care of you, too.
..
In message 1_c%f.95339$oL.62858@attbi_s71, Marlys in Indiana
writes
[...]

http://www.lutheransonline.com/servl...carddisp&card_
id=0610237770335812&rcpt_id=0610237770354036
Thank you again for being such a caring group. You are really super
special.
Happy quilting to everyone. --
Marlys in Indiana

http://community.webshots.com/user/marletts

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old April 12th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Keeping you and your dh in my prayers. Have a Happy Easter.

Denny (in Fort Wayne)
Old April 13th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm delighted to hear that there's progress, Marlys! My fingers will be
crossed that it continues.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old April 13th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

You've been in my thoughts and will remain there until we hear the news of a
successful transplant. Please take care of yourself - your DH will need you
as much after the surgery as he does now!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old April 13th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Good to see you posting again. My thoughts and prayers for you and DH
continue. Hugs, Linda in Tx

Old April 13th 06, 08:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Marlys you take care now y'hear. Just take each day as it comes and know
that we are all here for y'all whenever you can stop by to chat. Hugs and
happy caring thoughts headed over to ya.

quicker)