Snoopy quilters....

Old November 5th 05, 04:40 AM
Marlys in Indiana

Default Snoopy quilters....

If I had to use your cutting/design table, at my age, I'd never get
anything done, since I'd never be able to get up from the floor!!!!
Ouch, Pain, Groan!!!! The old body couldn't handle that.
Marlys in Indiana

"Brian Christiansen" wrote in message
news
I am afraid that you would not get much
inspiration from my quilting area. I have a card
table set that has my sewing machine that is in
the some room as the desk with my computer. My
cutting/design table is what most people call the
"floor."

Brian Christiasnsen

Old November 5th 05, 05:13 AM
Cheryl in Oz

ROFL I don't mind you seeing my giant mess - but I can't imagine why you
would want to.

http://community.webshots.com/album/471547456lAZvXS

I am lucky. It took me nearly 25 migratory years (most of them in the Air
Force) to get my own home. Since there is just me and the furries here I
designed the place myself and the sewing room is HALF the floor area of the
house. The living area is the size of a roomy two bedroom apartment, and
the "play pen" is the rest of the house. As none of my walls are loadbaring
I may one day knock nearly all of them out and just sleep in a corner
of the sewing mess. LOL

The big disadvantage to having a room this big is the lack of wall space.
My design wall is buried behind "stuff" and my library is now exceeding the
storage space. I have boxes and cartons in the small shed (read single car
garage) outside one end of the house, and more in the BIG shed (about 60' X
60') at the other end of the house. And things are still stacked all over
the floor in corners and boxes on the floor.

I am about to get a big ironing bench built (3' X 6') covered with wool felt
and the right height for working on.

Murphy's Law - "Stuff" expands to fill 110% of available space!!

After waiting all this time to get the "perfect" sewing room I now can
barely use it myself. So - everyone - take heed! Don't keep putting things
off. If you really want to do something - then do it. I have a stack of
started projects and literally hundreds of sketches and designs that will
never be made now because I was always too busy doing other things before
and now I am limited in what I can do. But all my friends just love this
place, and it is a rare day that doesn't see at least 3 or 4 here sewing in
classes or just for fun.

Welcome to my mess!! ROFL
--

Cheryl
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...
I love looking at pics of other quilters sewing areas, studios, etc. I
get inspirations for reorganizing my quilting space, see new and
different equipment, and admire their projects hanging on design walls.

Anybody interested in a thread where we *all* show pics of where we do
our quilting?

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old November 5th 05, 08:14 AM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Okay, y'all didn't read my post very carefully. I love to look at
OTHER folks studios- not show mine to anybody! vbg

I'll let you peek at it, but remember, we are very, very slowly
converting the garage into my "studio". The walls aren't finished
(just 2X4 frames in the closet), the trim isn't up, and I have no
flooring or window treatments yet. Here we go:

http://community.webshots.com/album/395743749

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old November 5th 05, 09:13 AM
Patti

Looking great, Leslie!
..
In message . com,
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. writes
Okay, y'all didn't read my post very carefully. I love to look at
OTHER folks studios- not show mine to anybody! vbg

I'll let you peek at it, but remember, we are very, very slowly
converting the garage into my "studio". The walls aren't finished
(just 2X4 frames in the closet), the trim isn't up, and I have no
flooring or window treatments yet. Here we go:

http://community.webshots.com/album/395743749

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 5th 05, 09:15 AM
Patti

wow! Wow! WOW! *WOW* ....

..
In message , Cheryl in Oz
writes

Old November 5th 05, 01:12 PM
Jeri

Mary in Rock Island IL wrote:
There is a reason that my lair has a door with a key! Don't make me
clear the path so the door will close and look for that key. It won't
be pretty...

I need a door with a key! That way stuff that doesn't belong will quit
crawling in there!
--
Jeri
"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines."

Old November 5th 05, 01:16 PM
Jeri

Cheryl in Oz cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau wrote:
ROFL I don't mind you seeing my giant mess - but I can't imagine
why you would want to.

http://community.webshots.com/album/471547456lAZvXS

snip

OK I no longer feel bad about the number of books and magazines I've
accumulated. Thank you!! lol

Old November 5th 05, 01:29 PM
Jeri

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
I love looking at pics of other quilters sewing areas, studios, etc.
I get inspirations for reorganizing my quilting space, see new and
different equipment, and admire their projects hanging on design
walls.

snip

I don't think there's going to be much inspiration here. lol
A few years ago I decided I really didn't need a dining room and an eat in
kitchen so I transformed the dining room into my sewing room. It's a mix of
cheapy shelving units and furniture castoffs. And by the way......it hasn't
been this neat since I set it up. lol
(At the moment there are Halloween decorations piled up on my sewing table
waiting to get put away.)

http://community.webshots.com/user/owlie47

Old November 5th 05, 01:40 PM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Oh - it's a lovely area. Very inspiring! Wish I had palnts like
yours!!"

Well, Cheryl, it's a fairly big room with two small north facing
windows...... so all the plants are artificial/silk! Sorry to
disappoint you..... ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.