Snoopy quilters....

Old November 4th 05, 11:56 PM
Mary in Rock Island IL

Default Snoopy quilters....

There is a reason that my lair has a door with a key! Don't make me
clear the path so the door will close and look for that key. It won't
be pretty...

Mary
Old November 5th 05, 12:10 AM
Brian Christiansen

On 4 Nov 2005 12:08:40 -0800, "Leslie & The
Furbabies in MO." wrote:

I love looking at pics of other quilters sewing areas, studios, etc. I
get inspirations for reorganizing my quilting space, see new and
different equipment, and admire their projects hanging on design walls.

I am afraid that you would not get much
inspiration from my quilting area. I have a card
table set that has my sewing machine that is in
the some room as the desk with my computer. My
cutting/design table is what most people call the
"floor."

Brian Christiasnsen

Anybody interested in a thread where we *all* show pics of where we do
our quilting?

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old November 5th 05, 12:24 AM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Only if you are being held hostage and the demanded ransom is pictures
of my
sewing room. Other than that, not a chance. Polly"

Dearest Auntie Polly-

Please send pics of your sewing room. Our Mommy is being held captive
by MasterCard, Inc. for what she did at Keepsake Quilting!!!

They say they will tangle all her thread spools together, change the
tension settings on her sewing machines, sew all her scraps back
together, set her rotary cutting mat out in the sunshine, remove all
the "sticky notes" from her quilt books and magazines, mix her dull
rotary blades with the new ones, unfold all the fabric in her stash,
write naughty notes in the dust in the sewing room, put all her bent
pins and needles back in the pin cushion, delete all the quilting
shortcuts and favorites on her computer, shred all the notes and
diagrams for her UFOs and then publish pics of her UFO cabinet on the
internet..... if you don't comply in 12 hours!!!

Please save our Mommy!

Love,

Missy, Simon and Daisy- The HairyButt Gang in MO.

Old November 5th 05, 12:32 AM
~KK in BC~

Ok, you wont find inspiration here. Or organization. Or a lack of dust
bunnies.
What you will see is an area in the corner of my basement, about 5'x8' or
so, maybe a tad less, where I do my creative stuff.

My design floor is not able to be shown in a picture at the moment since it
is buried under layers of teenager leftovers from Halloween when I had 9 of
them here...... whole nother story.

Here it is. Don't say you weren't warned. But you DID ask for it....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...z/PICT0009.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...z/PICT0005.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...z/PICT0004.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...z/Pict0002.jpg

~KK in BC~ who has let her sewing room run rampant and just lookit what
happens when it is left alone!!! It PUKED!!!......... now who is gonna clean
up that mess????? And just WHERE did that finished quilt go?? I know it is
here somewhere...... how can a faux suede and soft flannel just up and
poof??
--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
I haven't outgrown the need to play with blocks.

oups.com...

Old November 5th 05, 12:45 AM
frood

What do you keep in the stacks of plastic storage bins? I like those. Oh,
and I see you still have that bolt of troll fabric you were going to mail
me.... G

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply

Old November 5th 05, 12:49 AM
~KK in BC~

ummm.......errr......... NOTHING! Those stacks of bins are all empty!! Yeah,
empty! Not a bit of fabric there, no squares cut up or scraps for my
hoarding problem or ready made squares. Nope not a thing in em :-)

And that Troll fabric LOL I had put it away and JUST today found it again
and thought..... yeah I need one more project to start in my corner got
about 27 unfinished ones now, what's one more? maybe when I get my age worth
of UFOs I can start to finish?

~KK in BC~ who should be downright embarrassed of that mess of a corner?!!

--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Old November 5th 05, 02:27 AM
Taria

I sew mostly in the end of the family room. It is near the tv and off
the kitchen so food is handy I like sort of being in the middle of
things. I am making plans for the room I'll use when we move back into
the desert house in a year or so. It has wonderful light and is off
the living room with a door that I can shut when needed. I have waited
for that room to be my sewing room since 1989. DS always knew he was
sleeping in my future sewing room : )
If you google or yahoo search sewing studio or sewing room on images you
get a lot of sewing rooms. Really neat to see what folks do.
Taria

Old November 5th 05, 02:40 AM
extremevalues

Funny you want to see my mess, where are your pix Leslie???? I'm just
sure I can get an idea of two from you! Ducking and running into my
messy sewing space!

Carol in TX
Need therapy? make a quilt!

Old November 5th 05, 03:23 AM
Polly Esther

Mary, I think you need a guard gator or two but I just don't think they'd
like your weather temps. Doors with keys. Why didn't I think of that?
Polly

Old November 5th 05, 03:35 AM
Polly Esther

The ransom note is so dear that I've printed it and will cherish it forever.
How precious. Thank you, Leslie.
The unspeakable truth is - my sewing room is always clean and orderly.
It really truly is. The only fella out of place is Winston, my 80 point buck
who is still festooned with a red feather boa, sequin headband and obscene
false eyelashes. He hasn't sobered up yet from a raucous Halloween night
and I don't dare disturb him.
The secret to a neat sewing room is time. Believe it or not - the time
will come. I paid my dues by sewing in places where the sign read " Danger -
no diving". My hat is off to all of you stitching wherever and however you
can. I salute you. Polly