OT Update on Tuppence

Old November 7th 05, 08:54 PM
Elaine Abner

Default OT Update on Tuppence

So sorry for the loss of your little friend and companion. Elaine in GA

Old November 8th 05, 01:42 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
(Elaine Abner) wrote:

So sorry for the loss of your little friend and companion. Elaine in GA

Thanks, Elaine.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old November 8th 05, 04:49 AM
Vickie Y

Oh Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dear QI. I've always enjoyed
hearing your "Tuppence Tales". What a loving tribute you've written. I
lost my dear kitty Clyde in August. He was 18, and I had him since he was 3
months old. I understand the pain of your loss. Bless your heart for being
such a loving "fur-mommy"!
Hugs,
Vickie in Cleveland

"Sandy Foster" wrote ...
Thanks to everyone who has sent messages of sympathy about Tuppence in the

last week.
, she

can play there with our other buddies who have left us.

Thanks again for your good wishes.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

Old November 8th 05, 10:16 AM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Sandy, I'm so sorry you've lost your precious Tuppence. It's the most
difficult decision a furbaby's "parent" can make..... and the kindest
and most loving. After a while it will be a bit easier. You'll always
remember good times with your Tuppence and the hurt will go away a
little at a time. I always take great comfort in the Rainbow Bridge
story. I truly believe I'll have a herd of beloved animals waiting for
me when my times comes.

Hugs to you and your DH,

Leslie (still mourning Barney and Mojo- both went to Rainbow Bridge in
May by our decision and their great need for peace and a cessation of
pain)

Old November 8th 05, 04:07 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Vickie Y" wrote:

Oh Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dear QI. I've always enjoyed
hearing your "Tuppence Tales". What a loving tribute you've written. I
lost my dear kitty Clyde in August. He was 18, and I had him since he was 3
months old. I understand the pain of your loss. Bless your heart for being
such a loving "fur-mommy"!
Hugs,
Vickie in Cleveland

Thanks so much, Vickie, and I'm really sorry to hear about Clyde, too.

Old November 8th 05, 04:14 PM
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote:

Sandy, I'm so sorry you've lost your precious Tuppence. It's the most
difficult decision a furbaby's "parent" can make..... and the kindest
and most loving. After a while it will be a bit easier. You'll always
remember good times with your Tuppence and the hurt will go away a
little at a time. I always take great comfort in the Rainbow Bridge
story. I truly believe I'll have a herd of beloved animals waiting for
me when my times comes.

Hugs to you and your DH,

Leslie (still mourning Barney and Mojo- both went to Rainbow Bridge in
May by our decision and their great need for peace and a cessation of
pain)

Thanks, Leslie. I also take great comfort in the Rainbow Bridge story,
though it also makes me cry when I read it. Still, I do believe my
various "babies" will be waiting for me there.

I think the toughest time is during the night and early morning, when
she used to cuddle with me, sleeping as soundly as a baby. Today, I
*swear* I felt her brush against my legs as I sat down to breakfast; she
always laid down at my feet under the table as I ate, and it felt as
though she was getting into her favorite position. I even reached down
to pet her -- a reflex action before I remembered.

Old November 8th 05, 11:30 PM
Louise

Sandy, I can't tell you how many times that's happened to me in the last
couple of weeks since Tipper left us. I will *swear* she's laying right next
to me in bed when I wake up, and then reality sets in again. One night in
the middle of the night I heard a light "plunk," and I just knew she had
gotten out of bed to get a drink. And I still haven't gotten used to coming
in the door at night without her happy little face to greet me. And it's
hard to sit on the couch at night, knowing that her boney little hind end
isn't going to plop right down next to me. You have my deepest sympathies,
but hopefully Tuppence and Tipper are playing together at the Rainbow Bridge
right now!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old November 9th 05, 12:26 AM
KJ

And it takes time to forget some of those reflex actions! Our dog had been
gone several years when one day I was using the timer on my kitchen clock
radio while my college age DD was there with me. When the beep beep beep of
the timer went off, we both turned to expectantly to the living room
awaiting the inevitable barking the dog used to do when the particular timer
beeped. We looked at each other and both were surprised we had expected the
same thing at the same time. It had not been weeks, or months since Boomer
was gone....it was years! And we still expected to hear his rant!

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old November 9th 05, 01:32 AM
Sandy Foster

In article 9yacf.532038$_o.260278@attbi_s71,
"Louise" wrote:

Sandy, I can't tell you how many times that's happened to me in the last
couple of weeks since Tipper left us. I will *swear* she's laying right next
to me in bed when I wake up, and then reality sets in again. One night in
the middle of the night I heard a light "plunk," and I just knew she had
gotten out of bed to get a drink. And I still haven't gotten used to coming
in the door at night without her happy little face to greet me. And it's
hard to sit on the couch at night, knowing that her boney little hind end
isn't going to plop right down next to me. You have my deepest sympathies,
but hopefully Tuppence and Tipper are playing together at the Rainbow Bridge
right now!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Thanks, Louise, and I'm sorry also for your loss. It's really hard, I
know.

Old November 9th 05, 01:33 AM
Sandy Foster

In article zmbcf.314183$084.88878@attbi_s22,
"KJ" wrote:

And it takes time to forget some of those reflex actions! Our dog had been
gone several years when one day I was using the timer on my kitchen clock
radio while my college age DD was there with me. When the beep beep beep of
the timer went off, we both turned to expectantly to the living room
awaiting the inevitable barking the dog used to do when the particular timer
beeped. We looked at each other and both were surprised we had expected the
same thing at the same time. It had not been weeks, or months since Boomer
was gone....it was years! And we still expected to hear his rant!

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam" before mchsi

For most of Tuppence's life, I've given her her medication in my
bathroom before feeding her dinner. Now, when it's time to feed Dexter,
I'm finding myself heading toward the bathroom instead of the kitchen.
Habits are hard to break.