OT Update on Tuppence

Old November 4th 05, 07:36 AM
Sharon Harper

Default OT Update on Tuppence

((((((((((warm and gentle hugs)))))))) to all of you.

quicker)

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
It's been a rough week, but it just got rougher. The ultrasound results
came back, and Tuppence has liver failure -- no chance of regeneration.
I'm bringing her home from the vet's tomorrow and will try to keep her
comfortable over the weekend. I think the vet will come early in the
week to help us stop her suffering. I'm so sad I can't believe it --
I've lost dogs before, but she's been extra-special. She always stayed
close to me, no matter what I was doing, and her personality was just
adorable, even if she was timid of strangers and hated going anywhere
but home. It's just breaking my heart that she's so young and won't be
here.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old November 4th 05, 07:46 AM
Christina in Ok

Oh Sandy, My heart is braking just reading your post,
I know what it is like to have a pet that is close to your heart.. ( and I
could care less what others say)
a pet tugs at your heart stings, always loving and ready for what ever your
going to do for that day.

but your doing the best for you loved one, you may not have her around but
in sprit she will always be with you and you with her.
I am with you in sprit when she has to go, and it is for the best, who would
want to watch a love one suffer so much.
my heart is also braking right along with you.

do you know what caused the liver to fail?

Old November 4th 05, 08:03 AM
Patti

I'm truly sorry to hear this, Sandy.
Perhaps there's always going to be that one special little soul in all
pet carers' lives. It is so sad when they die young - like a parent
losing a child. I know you have lots of pictures - for later. Don't
forget, she will have no anticipation of what may happen, unlike you;
so, she won't be in any more distress than her condition is making her
feel.
Will be thinking of you and sending cyber hugs.
..
In message ,
Sandy Foster writes
It's been a rough week, but it just got rougher. The ultrasound results
came back, and Tuppence has liver failure -- no chance of regeneration.
I'm bringing her home from the vet's tomorrow and will try to keep her
comfortable over the weekend. I think the vet will come early in the
week to help us stop her suffering. I'm so sad I can't believe it --
I've lost dogs before, but she's been extra-special. She always stayed
close to me, no matter what I was doing, and her personality was just
adorable, even if she was timid of strangers and hated going anywhere
but home. It's just breaking my heart that she's so young and won't be
here.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 4th 05, 10:47 AM
Debi Matlack

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Sandy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
I'm so sorry. I don't know if I had to do it over again, if I would rather
have known Sophie was leaving us soon or the way she went, which was sudden
and completely unexpected.
Ernie-cat, Jamie, Phoebe and Emma all send kitty-love and purring rubs to
you and Tuppence, and Sophie will keep her company on the Other Side until
we come for them.
--
Debi

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Old November 4th 05, 11:15 AM
Georg

Sandy Foster wrote:
It's been a rough week, but it just got rougher.

I'm sorry.

-georg
Old November 4th 05, 12:55 PM
Queen of Squishies

Ohhh......... Hugs to you, Sandy, dear.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old November 4th 05, 01:39 PM
Kellie J. Berger

Sandy i am sooooo sorry.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))) for
everyone there

--
-- Kellie
kjbeanne at yahoo dot com

Old November 4th 05, 02:06 PM
nana2b

So sorry to read this about Tuppence. Give her a gentle hug for me, hold
her close and tell her how much she means to you. My sweet Cassie had this
too. I whispered in her ear, and the last words she heard were words of
Love. My deepest sympathies, Linda in Tx

Old November 4th 05, 08:45 PM

BTDT...gentle hugs, Sandy. Nancycog in MD

Old November 5th 05, 02:07 AM
Carolyn McCarty

Oh, Sandy, I'm so sorry! Been there, done that. Be grateful that you have
a vet who will come to your home for this difficult time. Only once have I
had a vet come and help a dog over the Rainbow Bridge at home, and it was a
thousand times better than the times I have taken a living animal to the
office and brought home.....well, a dead friend. Somehow dying at home is
so much better than dying in the clinical surroundings of a vet's office.
More loving, more dignified. I hope I can have such an end myself.

Dora and I send cyberhugs and all the comfort a cat and an old lady can
send.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green