Hi Folks

Old September 25th 09, 08:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

Default Hi Folks

After a long absence, I think I'm back. I recently had cataract
surgery and I'm now amazed how clear and sharp edges can be. I may
even be able to get that 1/4" seam now, but I will not hold my
breath. Quilting and my quilting friends helped me get through the
loss of my son. They kept me very busy. I did 4 quilt tops in 3
weeks. And then I sewed samples for the local shop. I know they
needed these done, but they also wanted to keep me busy. When my mind
was occupied with the job at hand, I wasn't thinking of "what if".
Although, I haven't posted, I have been reading occasionaly. If I
missed anything important, please let me know!
Bonnie
NJ
Old September 25th 09, 08:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
EstelleUK

Its so nice to hear from you Bonnie.We missed you. Thank goodness for great
friends keeping you going. Now the eyes are fixed you wont have any excuses
for the 1/4 in seams! lol
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11

Old September 25th 09, 08:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_6_]

Good to hear from you! Keep busy by keeping busy!
My DH had cataract surgery about a year ago. He tells everyone - "If you
need it, DO IT! You'll be amazed!"
So if any one else out there is contemplating the surgery - it'll make all
the difference in the world!
ME-Judy

Old September 25th 09, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I'm really pleased you've popped back in, Bonnie.
So glad the surgery went well; and that you have found ways of coping.
..
In message
,
Bonnie NJ writes
After a long absence, I think I'm back. I recently had cataract
surgery and I'm now amazed how clear and sharp edges can be. I may
even be able to get that 1/4" seam now, but I will not hold my
breath. Quilting and my quilting friends helped me get through the
loss of my son. They kept me very busy. I did 4 quilt tops in 3
weeks. And then I sewed samples for the local shop. I know they
needed these done, but they also wanted to keep me busy. When my mind
was occupied with the job at hand, I wasn't thinking of "what if".
Although, I haven't posted, I have been reading occasionaly. If I
missed anything important, please let me know!
Bonnie
NJ

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 25th 09, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

On Sep 25, 3:05*pm, Bonnie NJ wrote:
After a long absence, I think I'm back. *I recently had cataract
surgery and I'm now amazed how clear and sharp edges can be. *I may
even be able to get that 1/4" seam now, but I will not hold my
breath. *Quilting and my quilting friends helped me get through the
loss of my son. *They kept me very busy. *I did 4 quilt tops in 3
weeks. And then I sewed samples for the local shop. *I know they
needed these done, but they also wanted to keep me busy. *When my mind
was occupied with the job at hand, I wasn't thinking of "what if".
Although, I haven't posted, I have been reading occasionaly. If I
missed anything important, please let me know!
Bonnie
NJ

Hi Bonnie,
Great to see you back. Glad you've been keeping busy and the surgery
went so well. If you ever wander down to Pennington Quilt Works, give
a holler if you're in the mood for a meet up.

Kim in NJ
Old September 26th 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
Bonnie NJ wrote:

After a long absence, I think I'm back. I recently had cataract
surgery and I'm now amazed how clear and sharp edges can be. I may
even be able to get that 1/4" seam now, but I will not hold my
breath. Quilting and my quilting friends helped me get through the
loss of my son. They kept me very busy. I did 4 quilt tops in 3
weeks. And then I sewed samples for the local shop. I know they
needed these done, but they also wanted to keep me busy. When my mind
was occupied with the job at hand, I wasn't thinking of "what if".
Although, I haven't posted, I have been reading occasionaly. If I
missed anything important, please let me know!
Bonnie
NJ

Welcome back, Bonnie. I'm glad you've found a way to keep busy and
that your surgery went so well.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old September 26th 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

I'm glad that you found a good way to help you cope with the loss of your
son.
Barbara in SC

Old September 28th 09, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Bonnie NJ wrote:
After a long absence, I think I'm back. I recently had cataract
surgery and I'm now amazed how clear and sharp edges can be. I may
even be able to get that 1/4" seam now, but I will not hold my
breath. Quilting and my quilting friends helped me get through the
loss of my son. They kept me very busy. I did 4 quilt tops in 3
weeks. And then I sewed samples for the local shop. I know they
needed these done, but they also wanted to keep me busy. When my mind
was occupied with the job at hand, I wasn't thinking of "what if".
Although, I haven't posted, I have been reading occasionaly. If I
missed anything important, please let me know!
Bonnie
NJ

Hi Bonnie,

So glad you popped in. Thank goodness for wonderful friends. :-) Hope
you'll be able to make more regular visits to RTCQ now.

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada
Old October 2nd 09, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Very good to see you here again, Bonnie. Good for you about the surgery
outcome. Don't brag too much on that clear vision (don't claim 100%
correction) .... you want a 'fall back' in case your seams are a tad off.
Pat in Virginia

Old October 2nd 09, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

On Oct 1, 8:44*pm, "Pat in Virginia" wrote:
Very good to see you here again, Bonnie. Good for you about the surgery
outcome. Don't brag too much on that clear vision (don't claim 100%
correction) .... you want a 'fall back' in case your seams are a tad off.
Pat in Virginia

Well, I pick up my new glasses today. It seems that I still have an
astigmatism, so I guess things weren't as clear as I thought!
Bonnie
NJ