Snoopy quilters....

Old November 7th 05, 07:51 PM
KJ

Default Quilting/sewing space Snoopy quilters....

You've just described my house, Marcella.
KJ
"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
In article . 201,
Jan wrote:

Well, I've seen some really nice basements, but I just don't have
one....mine has way too many spiders for my liking and one tiny window.

My sewing room is the basement, but not that kind of basement! No
window wells for me. Our house is built down the side of a hill, so the
basement has a big, sunny sliding glass door that leads out to the back
deck and down to the backyard. I also have a large window on the short
wall that's regular window size (not itty bitty basement window size)

Lots of light and no spiders...I hope no spiders, anyway.

marcella

Old November 7th 05, 07:59 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Jan wrote:

Well, I've seen some really nice basements, but I just don't have
one....mine has way too many spiders for my liking and one tiny window.

My sewing room is the basement, but not that kind of basement! No
window wells for me. Our house is built down the side of a hill, so the
basement has a big, sunny sliding glass door that leads out to the back
deck and down to the backyard. I also have a large window on the short
wall that's regular window size (not itty bitty basement window size)

I've seen Marcella's "basement", and it's a fabulous sewing space!

No basements in our area, but that doesn't stop me from having a sewing
room. Personally, I like confining it to one room. I can leave my design
wall up, projects out, and not have to put it away. That means I can sew for
five minutes before work if I'm inspired, as I was this morning. And my
wonderful sweetie is rewiring half the house to put in track lighting for me
in the room. You'll need sunglasses to walk in there! (Well, part of the
rewiring is because I asked him if it's a bad thing that the lights dim
dramatically when I plug in the vacuum. He wasn't amused to see that happen.
In fact, I didn't know he knew those words! LOL)

Isn't it cool how we each make the space we have work to fit our needs as
best we can? There's almost as many ways of making quilts as there are types
of quilts being made. Never gets boring that way. *grin*

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old November 7th 05, 09:52 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Yes, Kathy; confining you to one room is probably
the best thing.

We lived in a "split level" in San Mateo for a while;
the downstairs bedroom and wash/bathroom opened onto the
back yard, the upstairs was level w/ the street. Interesting.
Not at all like the standard basements we had when I was a kid.
The view over the S.F. Bay was wonderful from the kitchen.
Split levels are popular here, too, esp. in n. Arlington where the
hills sites are now being developed (built on).
So, when do we gather at Marcella's?
A tour sounds like a good idea. ;-)

As you say,
Isn't it cool how we each make the space we have work to fit our needs as
best we can? There's almost as many ways of making quilts as there are
types of quilts being made. Never gets boring that way. *grin*

Indeed! And I do enjoy looking at other people's houses.
(I leave my stuff out when I please, 'cause it's my house! ;-D )

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy--hoping for more home pics

et...

Old November 7th 05, 10:34 PM
Taria

I leave my stuff out too. Someone once told me that my house
looked like it was full of things we loved. Yep, it is.
Having a Dh that isn't bothered by the 'creativity' helps a lot
too. Unless he has tripped over something he wouldn't even notice
it. That has its good and bad sides though.
Taria, no need for a sign that says "quilter lives here"

Old November 7th 05, 11:10 PM
Kathy Applebaum

" Ellison" wrote in message
om...
Howdy!
Yes, Kathy; confining you to one room is probably
the best thing.

Well, the BEST thing would be confining me to one room while I'm in a
straight jacket. ;-)

[snip]
So, when do we gather at Marcella's?
A tour sounds like a good idea. ;-)

And the chocolate factory isn't all that far from her house. We can stop
there on the way. *evil grin*

Old November 7th 05, 11:18 PM
Marcella Peek

In article ,
" Ellison" wrote:

Howdy!
Yes, Kathy; confining you to one room is probably
the best thing.

We lived in a "split level" in San Mateo for a while;
the downstairs bedroom and wash/bathroom opened onto the
back yard, the upstairs was level w/ the street. Interesting.
Not at all like the standard basements we had when I was a kid.
The view over the S.F. Bay was wonderful from the kitchen.
Split levels are popular here, too, esp. in n. Arlington where the
hills sites are now being developed (built on).
So, when do we gather at Marcella's?
A tour sounds like a good idea. ;-)

When are you coming? Perhaps in the heat of August or sooner?

There lots of good places to eat, a chocolate factory or two to tour and
lots of time left to quilt.

Get back here before Texas claims you for good ;-)

marcella
Old November 7th 05, 11:55 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message

There lots of good places to eat, a chocolate factory or two to tour

Great minds are thinking alike...

Old November 8th 05, 01:10 AM
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message

There lots of good places to eat, a chocolate factory or two to tour

Great minds are thinking alike...

Well, of course. The fabric piles up around here but the chocolate
evaporates. You always gotta go out for more chocolate.

Hmmmm...a chocolate stash, now that's an idea!

marcella
Old November 9th 05, 04:50 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
I like this idea.
Texas claim me? Not if they can help it! g

Chocolate and quilters-- yeah, I really like this idea.

Ragmop/Sandy--in too-warm-for-November! Texas

Old November 9th 05, 07:11 PM
Tina

So where in Texas is this? All near Dallas I am guessing? Arlington,
isn't that near Dallas/Ft. Worth area?

Tina, who would drive to join that tour!