New to group - Need help finding specific fabric

Old November 4th 05, 02:23 PM
Liz Bell

Default New to group - Need help finding specific fabric

Good morning! I'm wondering if someone can help me...I need a specific 30's
reproduction fabric for the quilt I'm currently working on. The quilt
pattern is Carpenter's Star, which I have now taken to new heights and
designed it into a king size quilt. I'm paper piecing small blocks to match
the center star, but have run short of one of the fabrics. I've searched
the web and called several quilt shops with no luck. The fabric I need is
Moda "Sewing Circles of the 30's & 40's" by Brackman & Thompson. The design
is called "Busy Bees Club". It's yellow background with yellow circles or
bubbles. If anyone can help, I know it will be one of the experts on this
newsgroup! Thanks!

Old November 4th 05, 02:41 PM
rusty

Good morning! I'm wondering if someone can help me...I need a specific 30's
reproduction fabric for the quilt I'm currently working

Hi! Check out www.missingfabrics.com

rusty

Old November 4th 05, 04:08 PM
quilter

Here it is in blue and pink. Still trying to find yellow for you.
http://www.patchworkdirect.net/search.php (enter busy bee in search
box).

Lynn

Old November 4th 05, 07:27 PM
BarbQuilts

Try putting your information here. Your request goes to over 1000 shops in
an email list by the FabShopNet people
http://www.fabshophop.com/fabsearch.asp

You can also search 145 shops here and see the fabric
http://www.quiltshops.com/search.htm

---
BarbQuilts
Take the Cat out to reply

Old November 4th 05, 10:23 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
ooo--a tough one, Liz.
Contact and ask :
Old Times-Quilters Heaven
(815) 872-9841

954 N Main St
Princeton, IL 61356

The store is thick w/ fabric from the past...?... years;
they have a habit of finding requests for fabrics like this.

Good luck!
Ragmop/Sandy

Old November 5th 05, 01:13 AM
KJ

The store is thick w/ fabric from the past...?... years;
they have a habit of finding requests for fabrics like this.

I'll fill in the blank.......50 years??? It's a maze of fabric. How they
ever inventory for tax time is beyond me!
KJ

" Ellison" wrote in message
. net...
Howdy!
ooo--a tough one, Liz.
Contact and ask :
Old Times-Quilters Heaven
(815) 872-9841

954 N Main St
Princeton, IL 61356

Good luck!
Ragmop/Sandy

Old November 9th 05, 11:32 AM
Liz Bell

What wonderful folks! Thanks so much for all the suggestions. I will
follow each lead and let ya'll... yep, I'm from Texas! :-) ... know what
happens.