Sculpey Ultralight

Old May 21st 07, 07:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Emmett

Default Sculpey Ultralight

Oh yeah, I'm loving this stuff! Does anyone know just how thick you
can go with it? I've been using foil for armature building, but the
packaging for the Ultralight says it's a good substitute. But they
don't say how thick you can go, and how long will it take to cure? I
know the general 15 minutes per 1/4 inch rule, but does that mean I
can sculpt a piece 4 inches thick and then bake it for 4 hours? Seems
a little excessive.....

Old June 7th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
nanner

"Emmett" wrote in message
ups.com...
Oh yeah, I'm loving this stuff! Does anyone know just how thick you
can go with it? I've been using foil for armature building, but the
packaging for the Ultralight says it's a good substitute. But they
don't say how thick you can go, and how long will it take to cure? I
know the general 15 minutes per 1/4 inch rule, but does that mean I
can sculpt a piece 4 inches thick and then bake it for 4 hours? Seems
a little excessive.....

what are you making? sculpture? in general you wouldn't do 4" thick clay
anyway. Is the package saying you can use the Ultralights as an alternative
to other "filler", I can see that being good for large focal beads so as to
reduce the weight of a necklace. For a sculpture though, I would continue to
make a foil and wire armature.

any pictures of what you've used it for?

----
www.enchantedwhimsies.com

Old June 20th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Kristy

I've gone 2 inches. But I baked the 2 inch Ultralight FIRST then built
it up ( or built around it) and baked it according to the other clay
used.

Anything softer than sculpey primo? Aaron Freeman Polymer Clay 2 November 28th 05 05:03 PM
Sculpey strength? Polymer Clay 13 August 27th 04 11:40 PM
burnt sculpey!!! Metis Artist Polymer Clay 1 June 25th 04 06:07 PM
Where to find sculpey in London anna meier Polymer Clay 0 February 11th 04 05:18 PM
selling sculpey glennda Jewelry 5 December 21st 03 10:13 AM