Begginer Question????

Old August 25th 05, 10:02 AM
SPOONS

Default Begginer Question????

Hi all,

Last winter a friend was taking a begginers knitting class & she showed me a
how to cast on/off & knit stich, I don't know how to do pearl stitch yet.
But I'm thinking of taking a begginers knitting class and I was wondering if
someone can help me out. I could use some advice as to what I should make
for my first knitting project? The class begins in September so I'd like to
get my supplies now & really plan out what I'll be making so I'll have
something to keep me busy during the winter months.

Thanks & Take care,
SPOONS

Old August 26th 05, 02:57 AM
eileandover05 eileandover05 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Lake Charles, LA
Send a message via Yahoo to eileandover05

Hi,
Something that you might consider is an afghan using large needles. It's quick and there are easy patterns so you don't get discouraged on your first project when it takes forever to see any progress. Leisure arts has a book called "Big Book of Quick Knit Afghans" it uses size 17 circular needles and 2 strands of yarn at the same time. I use a size 15 because the 17 circular is almost impossible to find. Since it is an afghan the stitch gauge is not essential like it would be in say a sweater. Good luck and happy knitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOONS
Hi all,