AD: Lots of beads for sale in my Etsy and Blujay shops

Old May 18th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
RD Designs

Default AD: Lots of beads for sale in my Etsy and Blujay shops

I have some beads and finding that I need to destash. Plastic,
lucite, shells, buttons, glass. Plus some vintage clip back and screw
back earring findings.

http://rusticdivadesigns.etsy.com
http://rusticdivadesigns.blujay.com/

I also have some clearance wire wrap rings in my Etsy shop. Different
styles, colors and sizes.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...ion_id=5400735
Thanks for looking! I will combine shipping costs between the two
shops. Just wait for a revised invoice.

Jan
Rustic Diva Designs
Old May 20th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On May 18, 4:46 am, RD Designs wrote:
I have some beads and finding that I need to destash. Plastic,
lucite, shells, buttons, glass. Plus some vintage clip back and screw
back earring findings.

http://rusticdivadesigns.etsy.comhtt...ns.blujay.com/

Jan,

how do you find Etsy and Blujay compare, or do you use one for other
things than the other? I looked at your listings, but I admit that I
didn't take the time to compare.

Thanks,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/

Old May 21st 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
RD Designs

On May 20, 2:17 pm, Maren at google wrote:
On May 18, 4:46 am, RD Designs wrote:

I have some beads and finding that I need to destash. Plastic,
lucite, shells, buttons, glass. Plus some vintage clip back and screw
back earring findings.

http://rusticdivadesigns.etsy.comhtt...ns.blujay.com/

Jan,

how do you find Etsy and Blujay compare, or do you use one for other
things than the other? I looked at your listings, but I admit that I
didn't take the time to compare.

Thanks,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelryhttp://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at:http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/

Maren,
I find that it's a little easier to sell supplies on Etsy. There are
a lot of crafters there that are looking for beads and other supplies
and will really search to find a great deal. I have found many, many
sellers on Etsy (that I've bought from) that have been absolutely
fabulous and I love the site.
I haven't sold any of my craft supplies on Blujay yet but I figured I
would give it a try. Since Blujay is free to use....I thought I'd
throw some things on there in hopes to get some more sales.

Jan
Old May 23rd 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On May 21, 4:50 am, RD Designs wrote:

I find that it's a little easier to sell supplies on Etsy. There are
a lot of crafters there that are looking for beads and other supplies
and will really search to find a great deal. I have found many, many
sellers on Etsy (that I've bought from) that have been absolutely
fabulous and I love the site.
I haven't sold any of my craft supplies on Blujay yet but I figured I
would give it a try. Since Blujay is free to use....I thought I'd
throw some things on there in hopes to get some more sales.

Thanks Jan.
I looked at prices for supplies at Etsy and concluded that, if I
include
the listing fees, there are very few things that I can sell for that
and still
make a profit (unless I can talk suppliers into using priority mail
flat
rate - some do that automatically, some just plain don't -, shipping
cost to Hawaii takes your profit margin right out of it. Example: even
with USPS priority flat rate the last order I got in was $11.- in
postage
+insurance, for an $80.- order.)

Looking at Blujay being free, the question only is whether things
actually
sell. I think I might just try that out myself in spite of you saying
that
you didn't sell any of your supplies yet.

Aloha,