Mostly OT - table runner OT

Old August 30th 05, 09:32 PM
Sherry Starr

Default Mostly OT - table runner OT

Can anyone suggest a very easy table runner that I can make for DD's new
dining room? I need for it to be easy for a few reasons: 1. She is into
seasonal decorations so it will be changed 3-4 times a year. 2. I am
having a bad time with both knees, walking with a cane, had cortisone shots
in each knee last week (don't think it has helped enough to go through that
again), and will start a series of injections in each knee for 5 weeks of
hyaluronic acid. Vets have used this for years on race horses to lubricate
the joints. It has been used on humans for the last 6+ years. Some of my
"friends" have said that if I start racing around the quilt guild, they will
try to throw a saddle on me. Gee, I love them! 3. I am not in the mood
for anything that is very difficult - gripe, gripe, gripe, complain,
complain

Sherry Starr

Old August 30th 05, 09:40 PM
Pat in Virginia

Sherry:
With the right fabric, even 'simple' blocks can be real eye
catchers. I like the basic Variable Star. Cut the center with the
preferred seasonal fabric, then add the points and background to
complement. Three 8" blocks, plus sashing and/or borders will
make a nice table runner. Need it bigger? Go with 10" or 12" blocks.
Good luck & Hugs for your recovery.
PAT in VA/USA

Old August 30th 05, 09:42 PM
David & Barbara Schmidt

howdy neighbor!

What about an easy 9-patch on point?

or aAnother easy one is here
http://www.fatquartershop.com/freequ...ore_id=499&T=1

Do you need help with anything? I don't live that far you know...

Babs

Old August 30th 05, 10:01 PM
Julia in MN

I have made several zigzag table runners like this:
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/...bleRunners.JPG.
They are much easier than they look at first glance. The pattern is from
Lehmann/Hall Designs. The only listing I could find online is
http://www.thepatternpeddlers.com/lh.html, but that appears to be
wholesale only. It is number LH108. It is called "Zigzag Table Runner".
I bought the pattern a couple of years ago from a quilt shop in Rice
Lake, Wisconsin. The back of the pattern gives e-mail addresses for the
designers: Bleh482160 AT aol DOT com and ddhall54 AT msn DOT com.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Table runner happy dance Maureen Wozniak Quilting 24 May 3rd 05 01:23 PM
Sewing table heigth She in PA Quilting 7 November 10th 04 01:35 PM
Wedding table runners KJ Quilting 9 June 6th 04 09:42 PM
table runner question CNYstitcher Quilting 2 October 13th 03 08:11 PM
need advice on a table runner Ann Quilting 4 September 19th 03 01:35 PM