And what are you stitching?

Old November 21st 09, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default And what are you stitching?

I'm working exclusively on my snowflake biscournu. Baby Dragons are
beckoning though - like finish me, finish me. If I could find my camera, I'd
post a picture to rctnp...

In cleaning out the basement, I found a couple of foam alphabet blocks that
had belonged to DS or DD. The set seems to be incomplete, but I think I've
found a way to "repurpose" them - as pin blocks or other soft finishes.

Now, I just need to find some black calico (quilting weight cotton) to make
DD some pillows for her room. (add that to my Monday errands if possible)

Ok - off to do more laundry and to find my camera and maybe even stitch a
little before I head off to Hanover with DD for a hockey game...

Cheryl

Old November 21st 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Nov 21, 8:45�am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I'm working exclusively on my snowflake biscournu. Baby Dragons are
beckoning though - like finish me, finish me. If I could find my camera, I'd
post a picture to rctnp...

In cleaning out the basement, I found a couple of foam alphabet blocks that
had belonged to DS or DD. The set seems to be incomplete, but I think I've
found a way to "repurpose" them - as pin blocks or other soft finishes.

Now, I just need to find some black calico (quilting weight cotton) to make
DD some pillows for her room. (add that to my Monday errands if possible)

Ok - off to do more laundry and to find my camera and maybe even stitch a
little before I head off to Hanover with DD for a hockey game...

Cheryl

Working on a second "Let it snow" from the JCS Ornament
Issue. One for us and to be gifted to DM's very good friend.
I did find some great "snowflake" fabric for the backing last
week at Joanns.

Then I think I might do another Celtic knot bookmark, only
this time in blue, for my college roommate. Did the first
one in greens. Someday I'll get a picture taken and posted.

Nancy
Old November 22nd 09, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

Had not been stitching because of getting ready to move to a new
(cheaper) place here in CA.
Moved on Oct 17th, on Oct 28 had a break-in and was robbed.

Am now too depressed to stitch...and what if I had stitching out, they
came back, and vandalized my stitching?

Hopefully will be over this paranoia soon!!!.....LOL

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA
Old November 22nd 09, 08:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I'm working on a long haired Yorkie from Whie Willow Stitching on 28
ct linen stitched with silks and Victorian Charm kit which was to
adorable to resist especially with the cat in the window waiting for
her feline friend to come in.

Old November 23rd 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

I'm working on a knitted blanket for the upcoming grandchild, done in
a basketweave pattern. Then I'll be doing Ellen Maurer-Stroh's animal
babybook. The nativity has been put on a backburner for awhile! LOL
Oh, and a few baptismal cloths for a church on campus, but those are
only about 3 hours each.

Joan
Old November 23rd 09, 10:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sandy Bell

On Nov 22, 12:45*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I'm working exclusively on my snowflake biscournu. Baby Dragons are
beckoning though - like finish me, finish me. If I could find my camera, I'd
post a picture to rctnp...

In cleaning out the basement, I found a couple of foam alphabet blocks that
had belonged to DS or DD. The set seems to be incomplete, but I think I've
found a way to "repurpose" them - as pin blocks or other soft finishes.

Now, I just need to find some black calico (quilting weight cotton) to make
DD some pillows for her room. (add that to my Monday errands if possible)

Ok - off to do more laundry and to find my camera and maybe even stitch a
little before I head off to Hanover with DD for a hockey game...

Cheryl

Working on a wedding sampler for my son & daughter-in-law. They have
now been married 5 years and I have finished about 1/4 of this 'd....'
thing! Lot's of 1/2 & 1/4 stitches plus so much back stitching I
never want to see another backstitch again!!!!! It is lovely to look
at but a pain to do! Am determined to have it finished for their 6th
anniversary (which is November 2010) but there is no guarantees!

Sandy
Old November 23rd 09, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

I've pulled out some UFOs and discovered I misplaced the overdye for
one of Laura Perin's (Mardi Gras) - trying to decide what to do about
it - order more, or do the corners differently. I'm leaning toward the
latter. . .

Also dug out Cross My Heart's Smoky Mountain Christmas. It's a slow
go, but I am making a bit of progress.

My quick stitch is a bunch of Urban Threads "Mr." animals - I am going
to stitch those into something to give to some program for kids.
Surface work, outline and back stitch mostly.

Of course, first I have to get through this week before I have much
time to stitch. . .

linda
Old November 24th 09, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

I'm working on an ornament for DD, and it's coming out really cute. It's
a "Pirate Santa" by Sue Hillis designs

http://www.suehillisdesigns.net/Prod...html?plu=PS136

I'm stitching it on hand-dyed blue fabric.

Sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music

New stitching tip Joan E. Needlework 1 May 19th 08 05:53 PM
3 D Stitching Maureen Miller Needlework 14 January 6th 08 09:02 PM
what we're stitching now Jere Williams Needlework 2 November 9th 05 11:16 AM
Stitching & me Pirjo Ilvesvuori Needlework 0 November 20th 04 01:15 PM
If you are behind in your stitching!! Fred Needlework 9 October 2nd 03 04:48 PM