Jewellery on ebay

Old August 5th 05, 08:42 PM
JSTM JSTM is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Black
As has often been mentioned here before jewellery doesn't seem to sell well
on ebay.
Has anyone any ideas why?
My own experience is that jewellery is bought mainly by women, and that
they like to handle the item before buying.
I would argue that your comment is a bit too general - I have quite a few friends on eBay that are doing very well selling costume jewelry. And some of them do well selling fine, vintage jewelry (9ct, 14ct, ruby, sapphire, etc) that is much less expensive than newer, contemporary jewelry. Several of them are selling several thousand dollars of jewelry per month.

Those that are having troubles selling jewelry are most likely selling the more expensive, contemporary fine jewelry that can be purchased in your local jewelery shop.

The difference may very well be that you can hold and handle the new pieces by visiting your local jewelery store, allowing you to see exactly how it will look as you wear it. Conversely, since costume jewelry is harder to come by, people are more apt to purchase those pieces on eBay.

So I suppose one can say that certain types of jewelry, especially fine jewelry, does not sell well on eBay.

Jerry
Jersey Shore Treasures & More