Att'n Mirjam: Israeli Independence Day

Old April 24th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default Att'n Mirjam: Israeli Independence Day

We went to a celebration today just a few blocks over from where I am
living. Lots of flag waving, singing, and dancing. Did you celebrate
today, too? Or is it on a different date? Some of my research after I
got back told me that it was on April 29, some said April 11, and some
said May 14. So I have no idea which day it should be.

Higs,
Katherine

Old April 25th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Dear Katherine
we celebrated yestterday and as usual the evening before , we start
our Next day at dark of day before,,,,,
Day before was Memorial day for the fallen in wars and Terror ,,
This year memorial day would have fallen by Hebrew date on Sunday ,
whichg meant Evening before when Saturday Sunsets , Impossible thus
memorial day moved to Monday , independence day mooved to Tuesday ,,,
It has nothinng to do with April only with the Hebrew date of IYAR He
=5 Iyar ,,,, But when it falls on Sunday it moves one day..
Hebrew and General dates don`t coralate only every 19 years ...
thus this year it should have been on 23 april but actualy moved to 24
april ,
mirjam

Old April 26th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Thanks, Mirjam.

Higs,
Katherine

On Apr 24, 11:27 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
[...]

Katherine- Hide quoted text -

Att'n: MIRJAM YarnWright Yarn 1 August 25th 06 05:56 AM
Att'n Mirjam Katherine Yarn 15 July 14th 06 05:11 PM
Att'n: MIRJAM Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 0 September 13th 03 04:44 PM
Att'n Mirjam Katherine Burgess Yarn 0 July 26th 03 07:09 PM