Headers for Posts

Old October 15th 05, 07:31 PM
Tia Mary

Default Headers for Posts

Hi Guys,
Just returned from a road trip with Brigitte and was going through
all of the posts. There are several that say they are "not off topic"
and have the O and the T in the header. I have a suggestion that I
don't recall seeing posted recently. When you put the O and the T in
the header, people who filter posts for those two letters written as one
word, won't see your post even though it contains needlework related
information. If you were to write ON TOPIC instead, the post wouldn't
be filtered out and people would know that the it contains needlework
related info even though the header doesn't look like a needlework post.
Not a terribly vital suggestion, I know, but just a thought that
occurred to MOI :-))! CiaoMeow ^;;^
--
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Old October 17th 05, 11:17 PM
Charlene Charette

Tia Mary wrote:

Hi Guys,
Just returned from a road trip with Brigitte and was going through
all of the posts. There are several that say they are "not off topic"
and have the O and the T in the header. I have a suggestion that I
don't recall seeing posted recently. When you put the O and the T in
the header, people who filter posts for those two letters written as one
word, won't see your post even though it contains needlework related
information. If you were to write ON TOPIC instead, the post wouldn't
be filtered out and people would know that the it contains needlework
related info even though the header doesn't look like a needlework post.
Not a terribly vital suggestion, I know, but just a thought that
occurred to MOI :-))! CiaoMeow ^;;^

I filter on "OT:" which is (or at least used to be) the standard
designation. If you filter on "OT" you are willing to miss threads that
contain any word with those letters - not, lot, hot, pot ...

--Charlene

--
Geek: A nerd without mathematical aptitude. -- Bayan, Rick; The
Cynic's Dictionary, 2002

email perronnelle at earthlink . net