OT More on Hummingbirds

Old August 4th 05, 01:52 PM
Pat in Virginia

Default OT More on Hummingbirds

This is awesome! Hummingbird family in California: read about and
see the progress from nest to flight. Be sure to click 'next
page' at lower portion of each section. NAYY, but Enjoy!
PAT in VA/USA

http://community-2.webtv.net/hotmail...mmingBirdNest/
Old August 4th 05, 08:24 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ycoIe.54747$rb6.35306@lakeread07,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

This is awesome! Hummingbird family in California: read about and
see the progress from nest to flight. Be sure to click 'next
page' at lower portion of each section. NAYY, but Enjoy!
PAT in VA/USA

http://community-2.webtv.net/hotmail...mmingBirdNest/

You're right, Pat -- it was awesome! I wonder how that second one
fell out of the nest, though.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 5th 05, 01:22 AM
Becky

I have read in more than one reference that it is not uncommon for the
stronger of the two chicks to push the weaker one out of the nest. I have
never observed this in person, when we lived in southern New Mexico, we had
at least one blackchin nest in our Sycamore every summer, and two chicks
raised to flying size was the norm. The female in this set of pics appears
to probably be a rufous, so can't vouch for them.

Becky

Old August 5th 05, 02:24 AM
marbles_2

I've found more than my share of baby birdies pushed (or just fallen)
from the nest. Always sad, but it's nature.

Did you notice the photos from 2005 hummingbird nest on that website??
The link is at the end of the first batch of photos. Awesome!!!

Annie

Old August 5th 05, 03:46 PM
nana2b

The Swallow nest that we had this spring produced 5 babies. One day I found
one on the patio. I put on gloves and climbed that ladder to put it back.
All was well until they were ready to fly. I found it dead on the patio. I
gave it a second chance, but it was not to be. It's brothers and sisters
all flew the coop but they still sit on my roof in the mornings. It took
lots of photos of them. It really brightened everyday to watch them grow
and how their parents raised them (better than some human parents).
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frame2.../ph//my_photos

Linda